PLEASE PLEASE HELP IN SERVER PAIN

kathy L.
on 10/8/13 2:53 am - Fox Lake, IL

I have gone to every doctor i can think of, i've had ct scan's utra sounds done and they can;t find anything wrong with me.

let me describe the pain, i have a pain on the upper left side that goes to the bottome of my abadon and to my back. i have been in server pain since yesterday at 11:00am I went to the ER yesterday and they treated me like i was faking it. they wouldn't give me anything for pain. i haven't eaten anything since Sunday..

Has anyone had this problem?  please let me know...

cajungirl
on 10/8/13 3:33 am

Kathy have you had surgery already?  I couldn't tell since it doesn't show a surgery date.  Did they do a CT scan WITH contrast?  Call your surgeon and make an appt if you had surgery already.  It could adhesions, bowel kick, obstruction.  Don't just wait, if the pain is that severe (or not letting up at all) you need to be persistent.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

kathy L.
on 10/8/13 5:55 am - Fox Lake, IL

Hi sorry i didn't post i had surgery 5/2011. i have been very peristent. i even cused out the dr at the er yesterday. i have another appoinment with a gastric dr tomorrow. i orginally had my surgery in texas now i live in ilinois. i am server pain and they (dr) make me feel like i'm making it up. i'm so upset and server pain.

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/8/13 3:38 am

I had twisted insides, hernia (3 times) .. and every time the CT scans were normal.  even a very detailed scans and tests di dnot show anything abnormal... only surgery found and fix my problems (3 surgeries over last 5 years). 

But it also can be kidney stones, or even ovarian cysts...  or some other issues.. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

kathy L.
on 10/8/13 5:58 am - Fox Lake, IL

yeah my ct scan came back normal and ultra sound came back normal. they make me feel like i'm lying. my blook and urine also comes back normal. i do have an appoint with a sergeon for next week... i hope i can make it. tomorrow i'm going to a gastric surgeron. hopefully he can help... how did they find the hernia's?

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/8/13 7:44 am, edited 10/8/13 7:44 am

Hernia was found in surgery (3 times) together with twisted intestines.    For pain - not much. I was told to take Tylenol, and some type of small pills for cramps. Last time I was severely constipated.. and that contributed... but due to the twist in my guts - my food - anything I ate moved supper slow and become an issue. Once the twist - kink was cleared - my bowels moves rather nice.. 

In a mean time - if I were you - I would limit solid foods, and concentrate on liquids.. at times I was only eating once a day - and the rest of the time it was soups, yogurt, proteins shakes.  I had a few weeks - even months that I either had to be hungry or hurting... hunger would win maybe once every few days - and I ate and paid for it.. 

sorry... I do hope the surgeon will help you... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

kathy L.
on 10/8/13 5:59 am - Fox Lake, IL

And would they give u anything for the pain. and if yes what type of medication?

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 3 replies · 26 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 297 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 258 views