Salads

Melanie C.
on 11/2/13 11:32 am

Does anyone have any suggestions for Salad dressings? I'm just wondering what everyone else uses.

Hvfaith
on 11/2/13 12:16 pm - St Albert, Canada

Lemon, salt and pepper; or olive oil and balsamic vinegar, I avoid most bottled dressings, and I really watch out for pre-dressed salads when I eat out as they generally make me sick, there can be a lot of sugar in some dressings

Melanie C.
on 11/3/13 1:50 am
On November 2, 2013 at 7:16 PM Pacific Time, Hvfaith wrote:

Lemon, salt and pepper; or olive oil and balsamic vinegar, I avoid most bottled dressings, and I really watch out for pre-dressed salads when I eat out as they generally make me sick, there can be a lot of sugar in some dressings

I have never used balsamic vinegar for anything. I have heard a lot of people like it, Ill have to try it. Thank you

cajungirl
on 11/2/13 12:16 pm
I use low fat ranch not much at all though because I don't like my salad to swim in it just want a hint of taste. I've also taken banana peppers in a jar cut it open and sprinkle the juice on the salad. It has basically little to no calories. Enjoy the tang of the pickled pepper

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Melanie C.
on 11/3/13 1:49 am
On November 2, 2013 at 7:16 PM Pacific Time, cajungirl wrote:
I use low fat ranch not much at all though because I don't like my salad to swim in it just want a hint of taste. I've also taken banana peppers in a jar cut it open and sprinkle the juice on the salad. It has basically little to no calories. Enjoy the tang of the pickled pepper

I love salads and I dont like my swimming in dressing either. The banana pepper juice sounds good. Im going to have to try that! Thank you for the idea!

Day_dream_believer
on 11/2/13 12:41 pm

Most of the time I skip the salad dressing.  I don't like most of the low fat versions and don't want the calories, fat of the regular version.  I am one of those people that like a little salad with my dressing.  But I really like the olive garden light salad dressing.  The only place I can find it is at Walmart.  It has 30 calories, 2 grams of sugar, and 2 grams of fat.  It has 500 grams of sodium which is a little high IMO. 

Melanie C.
on 11/3/13 1:52 am
On November 2, 2013 at 7:41 PM Pacific Time, Day_dream_believer wrote:

Most of the time I skip the salad dressing.  I don't like most of the low fat versions and don't want the calories, fat of the regular version.  I am one of those people that like a little salad with my dressing.  But I really like the olive garden light salad dressing.  The only place I can find it is at Walmart.  It has 30 calories, 2 grams of sugar, and 2 grams of fat.  It has 500 grams of sodium which is a little high IMO. 

I dont like any of the low fat versions either, but I love salad. I have never seen the Olive garden salad dressings. Where do you find it in Walmart, by the vegetables or the salad dressings? I would like to try that. Thank you!

Day_dream_believer
on 11/3/13 3:24 am

By the salad dressings

amazingly_new_amy
on 11/2/13 12:50 pm - NC

I mix 6 oz fage greek yogurt with a packet of dry ranch dressing or dip mix, then add 1/2 C of skim milk. Really good plus you get some protein too.

Melanie C.
on 11/3/13 1:54 am
On November 2, 2013 at 7:50 PM Pacific Time, amazingly_new_amy wrote:

I mix 6 oz fage greek yogurt with a packet of dry ranch dressing or dip mix, then add 1/2 C of skim milk. Really good plus you get some protein too.

Great Idea! I'm going to try that. I love greek yogurt and ranch dressing. Thank you for the idea!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 317 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 235 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 298 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 68 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 68 views