Seems like I will never get my date!

Melanie C.
on 11/15/13 10:53 am

So, almost 3 weeks ago I talk to the woman in the bariatric department at the hospital I am having my surgery at. She tells me all my tests were done and they were sending my file to the nurse practitioner to go over and if she approves it then they will submit it to my insurance, she told me to call back in two weeks. Tuesday was 2 weeks and I gave them until today, when I called the woman I talked to said, ok, it looks like you got everything done, we will send your file to the nurse practitioner and if she approves it we will submit to your insurance, call me in 2 weeks. I said, wait, that's what the other lady told me 2 weeks ago. She said "hold on", then came back and said she didn't do it. Ill send it now and we should have an answer for you by next week. This is very frustrating to me, when I had my lap band I had it done at the same hospital and the woman in charge of this at that time was on it. She didn't skip a beat. She told me to call in 3 weeks and she called me back in 3 days. These people I have to call them and remind them to do things.

TomN
on 11/15/13 8:50 pm
RNY on 12/27/12 with

First...breathe...it can get frustrating.  Secondly, I'd call in a few days and make sure they are still on track and let them know how excited you are to be this close and don't want to miss anything.  I almost missed my date because they could not get my stress test to work and switched me to a nuclear test which I needed to get done within a week, surgery already scheduled, and all kinds of insurance red tape...the nurse at the stress test spent almost an hour working through my insurance issues to ensure I could get the test I needed in the time I had left before surgery.  I went back six months after surgery and thanked her for believing in me and understanding how important this was to me...stay positive and let them know how much this means and you will get it done.  And then, we will be welcoming you to the Bench!  

Melanie C.
on 11/17/13 9:05 pm

Thank you for responding! I am going to call them today and make sure its all getting done. Most of the time when I call its clinical day and the lady that deals with the paperwork is in the clinic with the doctors talking to new patients about the surgery and what needs to be done. I just gets frustrating. Congratulations on your surgery and success!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 317 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 235 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 298 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 70 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 70 views