Who Knew??

denaraye
on 12/2/13 5:04 am - MI

I want to thank someone for mentioning the magnifying glass icon will help you search for past topics.  I have been experiencing some severe arm pain recently and even seen a new doctor about it last week.  I have been waiting for xray results when I came upon a old post regarding vitamin D.  I know I am deficient in Vitamin D and have not talked to this new doctor about the issue.  I had NO idea that this kind of pain could be a direct result from being deficient in vita D and calcium.  Well the first thing I did was call my surgeons office and had them fax my latest lab results to the new doctor.  Then I called the new doctor and left a message regarding the lab results and the possible link.  Tonight after I get home from work I will take another dose of Vitamin D - then order some stronger levels from vitalady.com. 

All that said to say thank you for everyone who continues to discuss their issues on this help board.  I would NEVER have put the two issues together and who knows how much longer it would have gone on before the doctor put two and two together.  I have been in a lot of pain for two months and for the first time in weeks I feel there is hope to end this pain soon. 

Keep up the chatter - you never know how it will help the next person!

I am no longer defined, by the wreckage behind!

ShrinkingJoe
on 12/2/13 5:57 am, edited 12/2/13 5:59 am

Yes - the search feature is awesome.  If more people used it, there would be fewer threads titled "Should I drink alcohol?" and "Will soda stretch my pouch?"

poet_kelly
on 12/2/13 6:07 am - OH

How low is  your vitamin D?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

denaraye
on 12/4/13 4:44 am - MI

Sorry - I just received the counts from my physician's office 15.7 (which was from August).  I have an appointment on Friday and they will probably do another test at that time.  I probably should not have waiting so long to get a new doctor when we moved. 

poet_kelly
on 12/4/13 4:47 am - OH

OK, that is super super low.  It needs to be at least 80, according to the Linus Pauling Institute.  You need some big doses of D3 (not D2, so not the prescription stuff).

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

denaraye
on 12/4/13 4:51 am - MI

I was going to order the 50,000 IU from vitalady - but wondered if I should talk to my doctor first or just do it than talk to her...

poet_kelly
on 12/4/13 4:53 am - OH

Well, that's up to you.  When will you talk to your doctor?  When it comes to vitamins, I mostly do what I think I need to do and then let my doctor know.  Most docs don't know much about vitamins - they usually take one class in basic nutrition in med school and some med schools don't even offer one class in nutrition.  So I don't often ask my doc for advice about vitamins.  I've done more research on the topic than he has.

denaraye
on 12/4/13 4:56 am - MI

That's a good point.  Thank you.  I see her on Friday - I will order what I think best and go from there.  I appreciate your input - I watch how you help with vitamin issues all the time. 

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 12/2/13 10:10 am - OH

One of the great things about using the search function is that it will pull up both new and old posts, so you get the advantage of not only hearing from people currently on the board but from people who have not been on the board for quite some time!

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 317 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 235 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 298 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 70 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 70 views