saw my PCP today

poet_kelly
on 12/12/13 9:56 am - OH

Thanks for all the support yesterday.  The appointment went well, I think.  He thinks I might have rheumatoid arthritis or fibromyalgia.  I suspect fibromyalgia myself.  He ordered some lab work and some x-rays and says he'll probably order an MRI after he gets those results because my last one was almost two years ago.  He also wants me to take my Tramadol and Flexeril on a regular schedule, three times a day, for a while and see if that helps get the pain under control.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Cunning_Pam
on 12/12/13 10:01 am
RNY on 12/18/13

Sounds like things went as well as possible for you. I'm glad for that, and hoping the Tramadol and Flexeril helps.

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

(deactivated member)
on 12/12/13 10:07 am

I am glad you had a pretty good appointment with your doctor.Hopefully you  will feel better after taking the meds.Feel better,

gtrdyfor50
on 12/12/13 10:20 am
RNY on 10/08/13
I hope that it does make you feel better soon.

Bibi723
on 12/12/13 10:35 am - IL
RNY on 11/20/13

Feel better soon 

Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BibiWLSDiary/

mycherie000
on 12/12/13 10:51 am

Great, hope the melds work for you.

goddessgrrl
on 12/12/13 11:08 am - VA

My daughter is a certified massage therapist. She believes that those who have fibromyalgia are living some kind of unfulfilled life, either suppressing traumatic memories, living with an unhappy & stressful relationship, or stifling who they really want to "be."

She believes that every fibro patient needs human touch, & lots of it. You can find my daughter under Stonelight Massage on Facebook.

Feel better, Kelly!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

poet_kelly
on 12/12/13 11:11 am - OH

I'm sure that's true of some people with fibromyalgia.  I don't think it's just a psychosomatic condition though, just caused by depression or whatever.  I believe it is a real illness.  That said, I do have PTSD (my memories are not suppressed, though) and I do think my PTSD and anxiety affects my perception of pain.  And I think I need more human touch, I get very little of it. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

bbearsmama
on 12/12/13 11:29 am
RNY on 02/28/13

Hoping you get some relief soon!

Hugs,

Pam

"B" bears' mama from Texas
Follow my journey on youtube: "bbearsmama" 

SW: 210 CW: 123.6

Lizzie S.
on 12/13/13 12:10 pm

I have fibromyalgia and I get all the human touch I could possibly want...and thensome most days.   Granted most of the hugs/kisses/I love yous  are from children but my family and friends are huggers/kissers too.   I've had fibro since I was a child, and then as a young adult I was involved in an altercation with a llama and the fibro came to full flare (the llama won) and has not receeded, only intensifie, as the years have passed.  My life is not how I thought it would turn out, but it is very fulfilling and happy.  Maybe I have fibro because I stifle who I really wanted to be....a circus clown or the dalmation that rides on a firetruck.  Didn't get to be those, but I am very happy with the way I turned out...I like myself.  

Hope working with the meds at the correct dosage on a a regular schedule will help you Kelly.

Sandy S in OR

Most Active
Recent Topics