almond chocolate chip frozen yogurt

poet_kelly
on 1/29/14 2:54 am - OH

I just ate the yummiest snack.  Plain Greek yogurt with a spoonful of almond butter and some splenda mixed in, then a small amount of mini chocolate chips stirred in, and stuck in the freezer for about 25 minutes.  Super yummy and lots of protein.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Caroline K.
on 1/29/14 3:03 am

Oh, that sounds good! Hm. I'm thinking a bit of cocoa powder and peanut butter and some sort of sweetener would be pretty good too...

poet_kelly
on 1/29/14 3:05 am - OH

I love all the wonderful things you can do with Greek yogurt.  This was the first time I've eaten it frozen.  It had a good consistency.  It felt like eating a frozen dessert.

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Caroline K.
on 1/29/14 3:21 am

That's good to know. It wouldn't have occurred to me to try freezing it "straight".

poet_kelly
on 1/29/14 3:27 am - OH

To be honest, the reason I thought of mixing the almond butter with it and freezing it is because during the summer when it was really hot, I made peanut butter frozen yogurt for my dog.  I mixed peanut butter with plain Greek yogurt and froze it and then gave him a spoonful from time to time as a treat.  I don't like peanut butter but thought almond butter would be good.  I think the almond butter might have helped with the consistency, making it creamier than it would have been if it was just plain yogurt.

alaskasusan
on 1/29/14 4:45 am - AK
RNY on 02/11/13

Yummy!  I am so hooked on almond butter and cashew butter I really have to watch it but I think I need to do this one :o)  Thanks for the tip!!

diane48
on 1/29/14 4:56 am
RNY on 05/07/13

When I first had my surgery, I would mix one scoop of vanilla protien powder and one 8 oz container of plain greek 3-4 oz containers and into the freezer.  I would eat them with a little sugar free maple syrup.  Haven't done that recently but it helped get the protien in.

Caroline K.
on 1/29/14 5:13 am

Oooo! I have a vanilla protein powder that I find a little too sweet--that'd be *perfect* to start with. Thanks for the idea!

SteveWebb
on 1/29/14 6:41 am - NC

Hi Caroline, I take my vanilla protein mix and mix some of the grape koolaid drops in it and give it a good grape taste.  Then freeze it and you will have some good grape ice cream.  It's a great treat.

Jeremiah 29:11 " For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end". 

Caroline K.
on 1/29/14 7:25 am

Oh, that sounds good too!

Most Active
Recent Topics