Support Group

hop2bthin
on 2/26/14 11:05 pm - Florence, AL

I am looking for a support group near Florence, Al, I had RNY in July 2010. I lost down to 127, it was a bit to thin for me. Now I weigh 171 I want to get back to between 130-135, I have gained the weight since March I had 2 surgery's since then . The last was in Oct. on both my feet so it has taken a long time to get over. The Dr. just gave the all clear to do what I can & want I have started walking this week but it's going to be slow getting back into it . I have just been able to start wearing my shoes because of swelling, I'm not trying to make accuses I just want to tell the details. I need HELP on getting back on track to get this weight off, I am sooo disappointed in myself for gaining weight back especially this much. Any advice on food, exercise, etc. PLEASE help me I will appreciate any thing you can offer to get back to my goal weight. Thank you so much   

hop2bthin

PetHairMagnet
on 2/27/14 12:04 am
RNY on 05/13/13

No advice about a local group, but there IS a back on track group here at OH and I encourage you to be active there!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

poet_kelly
on 2/27/14 5:01 am - OH

Call local surgeons and ask about support groups.  Some allow people to attend even if you didn't have surgery with them.  You can also check with local hospitals.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 319 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 239 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 300 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 72 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 72 views