Small sized nonchewable vitamins?

MBsRNY
on 3/2/14 4:33 am - Baltimore, MD

I'm sick of my giant chewable vitamins and don't like having to carry them around with me (otherwise, I end up forgetting to take them).  I'm ready to move to a swallowable vitamin, but can't gag down those horse-sized pills I've seen.  Anyone got a suggestion for a small or at least reasonable sized (say the size of a tylenol caplet?) vitamiin that fits the bill for a post RNY?   Thanks!

HW 270, SW 257, Surgery date: 4/25/12...        
poet_kelly
on 3/2/14 4:43 am - OH

Bariatric Advantage makes multivitamin capsules that I think are pretty small.  You have to take six a day, which would be the case with any really small multi, I think.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Quinnherd
on 3/2/14 4:50 am - MA
RNY on 09/30/13

I'm using the CVS Spectravite brand. They are not to huge (but not tiny either) and cvs often has a buy one get one sale. 

The Salty Hag
on 3/2/14 6:12 am
RNY on 05/20/13

I buy Centrum. They are the same length as a Tylenol rapid release gel-cap, but they are a little thicker. I can't take big pills either, (big is relative though...lolol. ) but I can take them with no problems. Those danged calcium citrate "petites" though...I choke on. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/2/14 9:01 am - OH

"Big" definitely IS relative because I also take Centurm (I take the pills and the chewables) and I think the Centrum pills are quite big....

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

NDHM
on 3/2/14 11:25 pm

I take the Target brand prenatal vitamin and I've never had any difficulty.  

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 329 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 365 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 326 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 322 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 15 replies · 126 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?