Growing Hair

White Dove
on 5/7/14 12:42 pm - Warren, OH

I think of the body as a farm and there are different crops.  The brain is the farmer and decides which crops need the most attention. 

A body that is getting plenty of food can indulge in beautiful hair and nails.  After surgery, the main food storage tank has been drastically reduced and very little is coming in.  So the farmer has to decide which crops are most important.  The heart and other organs, bones, muscles need to be nourished.

Non-essentials like hair and nails can just go into hibernation.  Actually the anesthesia put everything into a sleep mode.  The body is busy waking up what it considers essentials like breathing and pumping blood.  It is not worried about waking up the hair follicles. 

The sleeping hair slowly falls out.  Somewhere around nine months the body has recovered enough to start getting new hair growing again and fallout ends.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Professor Sonja!!!!
on 5/7/14 2:08 pm - Miami, FL
RNY on 08/15/12

My hairdresser said it best--before I had a big ass and big hair.  Now I have a little ass and less hair.  

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want an invite? PM me here.

(deactivated member)
on 5/7/14 11:30 pm

I so believe that.I would rather have the small ass and less hair.

nurl
on 5/7/14 9:57 pm
RNY on 05/14/13
Well said! I just got my hair cut really short. Now it looks much fuller

karenp8
on 5/7/14 10:32 pm - Brighton, IL

I'd rather have the little me with less hair! I also found that keeping it colored helps it look fuller too!

Most Active
Recent Topics