Started solids yesterday. Ouch!

Braceface
on 5/9/14 10:05 am
RNY on 04/24/14 with

I just started soft solids yesterday and for the first time I feltoverly full after 4 teaspoons of food. Since then even liquids are filling me unlike they did before. Is this usual and does it improve soon?

LandofOz
on 5/9/14 1:44 pm

I am at the soft foods too. I made the HUGE mistake of talking on the phone and eating Tuna Salad. Took 1 bite too many and had the whole "foamies" and then well...... the polite term would be pouch refusal. I just sipped some water and my pouch is still unsure. I hope it goes away. That was the first time I have felt "overly" full and was miserable. Good Luck to you!

MrsD68
on 5/9/14 8:27 pm

I went thru that as well, I also threw up for the first 3 nights eating dinner.. until I figured out what is the right amount for me.. NOW I weigh my food. I figure about 3 ounces is safe.. so If I weigh it, then eat very very slow.. it goes better.. It DOES improve. I am almost able to eat pretty much anything but I hvae to take "cheerio" size bites and chew well with meat and certain textures.. Your pouch will definately let you know.. one bite too many can be PAINFUL...

Toni4321
on 5/10/14 3:05 am

I am 3 weeks post op and since advancing to soft foods that many things do not agree with me yet.  Eggs, and canned meats hurt.  My pouch is not ready for them yet so dr advised me to wait a week and try them again.  Cheese, cottage cheese and refried beans work well for me.  Find those things that your pouch is comfortable with and try the other foods again in a week or so.  

Most Active
Recent Topics