Mud Run- It was great!

Nickeliz
on 8/9/14 12:33 pm - Atlanta, GA
RNY on 06/18/13

I have seen people posting on here about different 5Ks and fun runs and have always been intrigued by the idea of a mud run, but never thought I would have the guts to do one. I finally did it today and it was FANTASTIC! I found one that had walk up registration so went on a whim this morning by myself thinking I could walk around for a bit and if it felt too intimidating, I would leave. 

I ended up "running" it and was not the slowest, oldest, or most out of shape and even if I was no one would have noticed or cared. The only thing I will do differently next year is to bring family and friends because 1) this is a great thing to share with other people 2) you just can't describe how muddy you get and I want a witness .  

I am becoming one of "those people" who get excited about exercise and I never thought that would be me, but I like it!

Just a tip if you do a mud run... It's probably not the best idea to wear any kind of fitbit like device, but I kept mine on because I didn't realize how much water was involved. It counted 16,000 steps and 92 flights of stairs because of the hills on the course. I made sure that I walked up another 8 flights at home after the race just so I could meet that 100 stairs mark. It might sound silly, but seeing that was just another bonus to the day!

kayleystar
on 8/10/14 11:20 am
RNY on 01/06/15

Good for you for getting out there and doing it! I actually LOVE to exercise, and can't wait until it's easier. Last year, I did the Color Run with some friends. Walked the entire thing, but I finished! I hope you have a pic of yourself covered in mud! 

Most Active
Recent Topics