third week pureed or soft foods

gigglestyx
on 9/9/14 1:04 am
RNY on 08/25/14

Hey guys I am on my third week out and am having some major issues getting in my protein. I have Premier protien which i liked prior to surgery but its too thick now and Gnc lean 25, and the after taste just gets me, I get frustrated because I cant just chug it because then my pouch gets upset. I want to be compliant but i am Struggling. any soft foods that could get me up to 60 grams of protien (or more) a day?

iHeartTeas
on 9/9/14 2:07 am

I too would be interested in knowing too.  I will be starting phase 3 soon. Great question.

dccyr
on 9/9/14 3:39 am

Fage yogurt, scambled egg with low fat cheese. 

JAMStribe
on 9/9/14 4:57 am

3 weeks in, I would say yogurt and protein shakes.  Eggs didn't work for me but you can always try.  

Dartmouth
on 9/9/14 7:17 am - United Kingdom
RNY on 05/20/14

I also couldnt manage protein drinks....I use skim milk powder in sugar free pudding, to make sugar free hot chocolate, in yogurt, ....I use low fat cheese in my egg whites, in my soups.  I also added fish puréed ( like tuna or salmon) to soups.  The fortified hot chocolate ( skim milk with sometimes 2 tbls skim milk powder) made a cosy drink at the end of a long day and I knew by that time how much protein I needed to finish.....

Good luck....I went from struggling to get 50-60 grams a day to getting in 70-90 grams easily.

joansch
on 9/9/14 8:30 am

I'm only in my first week of pureed food, but I've had success with mashed potatoes with unflavored protein powder mixed in, and some cheese melted on top. Also broccoli cheese soup. I've never liked yogurt, but discovered Dannon Light and Fit no sugar added Greek raspberry and blueberry -- they are awesome! At Safeway grocery store, I found some dairy drink that tastes like milk but has added protein -- Lucerne Protein PLus fat free. 80 cal per cup, 12 g of protein. Use it to make pudding, or shakes. Also, I tried several flavors of Isopure (at Vitamin SHoppe or GNC) and some are nasty but I can tolerate the blue raspberry. 8 g protein per half cup. I also made crab salad, with fresh crab meat (or you can get shelf stable near where tuna fish is), low-fat mayo, onion, celery and a little lemon juice. Mixed up and pureed it -- really good, and lots of protein. Shrimp would work as well.

Good luck -- let me know how it goes.

Joan, Annapolis, MD

5'3"    SW: 248   Surgery date: 28 Aug 2014

dragonlove
on 9/9/14 8:57 am
RNY on 11/20/13

Have you tried making the protein drinks with water?  That really thins it down and has worked for others who had problems with the thickness.  

Pam (RNY: 11/20/2013)

Lilrebel
on 9/9/14 11:14 am

Put a little more water in your drink to make it a little thinner

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 319 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 239 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 300 views
What's on your Saturday menu??