Losing after Regaining! I'm living again!

islegirl37
on 3/8/15 5:45 am

Had me Sx in April 2006. Did well with my weight loss until May 2010. Been slowly gaining. Then followed, digestion issues, bowel issues, no energy, fatigue, no motivation, low sugar....etc. After moving here to Florida I noticed a Healing garden in our area. Drove by it a few times, but didn't think it was for me.

On March 13th 2015, yes, Friday the 13th last month....I stepped on the scale and was so disgusted with myself. I got ready and went straight to the Healing Garden. Walked in and asked about Energy/Motivation...Diana grabbed a tub of DoTerra Greens and a bottle of Ginseng Panax, told her about my digestive issues and bowel issues...she grabbed a bottle of freshly made Kombucha. Then I asked her if she thinks any of this would affect me negatively because of my Sx. She then realized that my body was suffering from not getting enough Nutrients because of the absorption issues I have following my Sx. She grabbed me a bottle of Digest Spectrum. She explained to me that, when we are hungry our body is not craving food, but craving nutrients. So she wrote out what to take and when. She also sold me a Cookbook by Danielle Walker called "Against all Grain."

Went home and analyzed the recipe book. Went and bought some of the ingredients for a dinner, and needless to say.....I have not turned back. My husband went an bought Danielle Walker's second cookbook. After a week, I had lost 11 pounds without even trying. I noticed myself eating only 1/3 (Volume) of what I use to eat, but now only healthier. My Bowel Movements are regular and normal, rather than irregular and mainly runny all the time. My stomach issues have been resolved so far....haven't needed a Pepcid since.

I'm now into a month of eating all of this wonderful food, taking all of these wonderful supplements and I am down 15 pounds. My energy and focus are off the charts. No jitters, no heart palpatations, and no crashing...not once! I know I am at a steady loss which is how I wanted to begin, and now with all of this energy, I want to take it to another level by adding an exercize which will include a bike ride in the morning. And then I'll increase from there to keep the weight loss moving, and the muscle building.

For anyone looking for alternative to Pasta noodles, Tolerant, Organic, Red Lentil Mini Fettuccine.....The only ingredient here is Non-GMO Organic Red Lentils. Cooks just like Pasta! And it is YUM!!!! 1g of Fat, 10mg of Sodium, 13g of Fiber, 6g of Sugar and 21g of Protein. 56g of Carbs all in a 3oz. Serving. Not to mention all the other vitamins.

Yes, we had to buy the ALmond Flower, Coconut Flower...and a whole bunch of other ingredients suggested in the Book. It seemed way expensive at first, but once you buy it, you have a good amount to last a while. The only thing in our bi-weekly shopping trips...Meats and Produce for whatever we are cooking out of the book.

This change has been so worth it to me and my Family. I'm not even craving my weekly doses of Vit D (50,000 IU) like I use to, but still take them, or my Twice a month B12 shots (missed this morning). I used to need to take them sooner than prescribed, but now nothing. I'll do my missed B12 shot tomorrow just to maintain my levels. I'm just in complete AWE over the changes I have noticed, and all the changes that have occurred in my life.

It's been a rough few years, but Thanks to these supplements and cookbooks, I'm back, and I love me again! Amazon sells the DoTerra Greens (same one she has), and may have the Cookbooks, I haven't looked. I need to take her class on how to make my own Kombucha...It'll cost 5.00 a month to make my own, after her class. I'm just so thrilled....what a change!

Sorry for all of the errors throughout this post. I'm just so excited to be sharing...

islegirl37
on 3/9/15 12:59 am

It's an absolutely Gorgeous Monday Morning. Already took my Kombucha and Liquid Multivitamin. Done all my chores for the morning, and now off for a Bike ride. I am continuing slowly to accelerate my weight loss by adding an exercise every week. Already my energy is off the charts, when I get back, I will do my Terra Greens and Ginseng....I'm so excited! Between Saturday night and last night, I did all of my cooking and prep for the week ahead.

Prayers and Strength to all ♥

siberiancat
on 3/11/15 4:15 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN

You posted on March 8, 2015  - March 15, 2015 isn't until tomorrow??  I'm confused - how could you be eating "this way" for a month??Penny

Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

islegirl37
on 3/11/15 4:51 am

I meant Friday the 13th of February. Sorry for the Error.

slrm2m2
on 9/3/15 11:27 am - Canada

How is the new food regiment going after all these months?  I love stories of losing regain and realizing that we can empower ourselves to live and eat better.  I recently discovered kombucha and I love it...also kiefer.  My insides feels awesome since I started taking these.  I have also begun to grow sprouts.  I love those mouthfuls of alive enzymes...makes my body hum.  

Share an update if you have a moment.

Sandy  Surgery Jan.18,2012 with Dr. Timothy Jackson at TWH.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 357 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 260 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 348 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 285 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 15 replies · 99 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?