Sometimes only 2 bites, sometimes I'm surprised!

christinamudd
on 3/8/15 8:51 pm

Hi guys,

Do you guys experience this?  Sometimes I have like 2 bites of something and I feel so full that if I were to lean over, I would probably have everything back up.  And then other times, I can eat what I feel like seems like a lot.  For example, one of my favorite things to eat has been a salad with tomatoes and boiled eggs.  I can eat what seems like half a cup sometimes.  Other times, I will have four bites and be full to the brim!   At first I was really scared I had somehow stretched my pouch.  But then I realized it really depends on when I eat but I can't find a rhyme or reason behind how full I get ( so far that I can detect). 

Second side question.  Sometimes even water hurts.  I feel like I have a spasm as I'm drinking.  Anyone else have this experience?  

HW: 407  CW: 359 - RNY 02/18/15

jaxie77
on 3/8/15 10:24 pm, edited 3/8/15 10:30 pm - Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Hey ! 

I am totally noticing this pattern too right now . I'm a little over 3 months out and it's crazy ! Some days I just feel a total aversion to food , when I do eat things just don't feel right in there , a few bites and I'm like ok that's enough . Then other days I eat and I wait for that tight feeling and it doesn't come. I do measure so that I don't over eat . And my brain still tells me I've had enough . It's so weird . Some days I feel ' hungry ' like I have an appetite for things . Other days I could really take food or leave it . You're right , there is no rhyme or reason to it for me either . Although since I started eating salad I do notice I can eat a good amount of it . It's the protien I choose to go with it that depends on how much . I have to be careful cos I'm tempted to just have the salad some days , as the protien just feels to much for me to handle !!! I feel like this a lot , like the food ( protien ) is work!! Need to be mindful and aware and make sure I get what u need . Im still having a protien shake in the morning to ensure I get enough in over the day . 

I'm sure we will get there eventually , and I'm not complaining , it's just all so weird ! After a lifetime of food being my go to for everything , and such a focus . To not be bothered anymore is just bizarre !! It's great really !! P.s the water thing I don't get , but I do get a low crampy type pain in my ' lower' tummy area when I drink hot drinks ...If they are too hot it's really uncomfortable for about a minute. 

Good luck with everything :) 

Jax xx

AngryViking
on 3/8/15 10:40 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

I absolutely have small pouch days!  Sometimes I can attribute it to what I'm eating but other times, it's just like you say, a couple bites and I'm done!  I like to get that physical reminder that the surgery actually worked.  LOL 

christinamudd
on 3/9/15 12:25 am

Im so glad I'm not the only one!!!

Grandmaneice
on 3/9/15 12:20 pm
RNY on 03/24/14

I have that happen too..I am wondering though..i didn't or was not allowed to,have a salad til I was like 4 months out and tomatoes like 6 months out.

christinamudd
on 3/9/15 1:34 pm

Well I am going into week three this week.  And it says that I can have lettuce, soft cooked vegetables and I can have fresh fruit.  I thought it was eat food as tolerated. I have really just been testing stuff.  I am sure I've eaten stuff i am totally not supposed to like rice.  Which my body immediately tells me how stupid that was.  So right now my normal menu is the following in variance:  pudding, mashed potatoes, yogurt, salad, and soup. I just tried a bite of biscuit from KFC (got myself mashed potatoes) and it went down really well.  But I had a bite of a sandwich a few days ago and it didn't go down well at all, it actually hurt.  So now I know bread is a big no no.   

HFA70
on 3/10/15 3:15 am

15 months out and l still experience this. Sometimes I am surprised one meal to the next.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 362 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 276 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 206 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 300 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics