Dr. Nabil Tariq

GinaTx
on 3/9/15 12:02 am

Hello just wondering if anyone has any experience with Dr. Nabil Tariq at Houston Methodist?  Thanks!

Cathy W.
on 3/9/15 12:12 am

Try cross-posting your inquiry on the Texas message board so more members in TX will see it.  You can also use the search (to the left of MY OH at the top blue bar) as well for surgeons and topics on OH.

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

molly3613
on 3/9/15 3:25 am - TX
RNY on 01/24/13

My surgery was done at Methodist 2 years ago by Dr. Patrick Reardon.  I have had zero complications and he is a fine dine surgeon and person.  I have been to a couple of support group meetings where Dr. Tariq spoke but that is my only experience with him.

GinaTx
on 3/9/15 3:45 am

Iwas referred to Dr. Tariq by my GI doctor, he did an egd and told me I needed an RNY due to severe reflux and mechanical failure of a 20 year old VBG but my insurance required 3 month supervised diet which I have completed and the paperwork has been resubmitted to the insurance.  My only problem is that its extremely hard to get in touch with anyone at his office.  You call and get a voicemail and it says leave a message and they will return your call in 24 hours but no one ever calls.  I have to keep calling and emailing to get any kind of response.

Was Dr. Reardon's office the same?  I am thinking about changing but don't know if its to late.  Methodist is a center for excellence which my insurance approves so I really want to stay with Methodist. 

Thanks for your response.

molly3613
on 3/9/15 4:15 am - TX
RNY on 01/24/13

I have never had any problem getting in touch with Dr. Reardon's office.  They always seem to answer the phone and it is usually a nurse who answers.  Carl is an assistant of his and he is also very knowledgeable.  When I have labs done he immediately emails them to me so I can check them and add to my files.  If you google Patrick Reardon I think it says he is Chief of Foregut Surgery and Director of Reflux Center.  He does an excellent RNY in which he hand sews a lot of you and doesnt use that stapler.  Very nice work.  He also saved my fathers life about 10 years ago when he had an absessed gall bladder and sepsis all over.  My Dad's primary diagnosed the problem and said there was only one surgeon he wanted us to go to as he was so good.  That is how I found Dr. Reardon.   When I decided on RNY I told my primary at Methodist.  She said she would only sign me over to Dr. Reardon.  He has a loyal following.  I know he did an excellent job on me.  Check him out.  He is first class.  Check all his associations and positions he holds with Methodist.  He brother Michael Reardon is a heart surgeon there.  They both treat the Bushes ... George and Barbara.  As I said ... Just check him out.  He does seminars at Methodist Outpatient Clinic where the weight management dept. is located.  Anyway keep me posted.  He has a great personality and he is a huge Aggie.  Huge.....

GinaTx
on 3/9/15 11:23 am

Thank you so much for your input. I made an appointment with Dr Reardon. I didn't tell them that I had been seen by Dr Tariq I hope after the find out they will still see me. Again thanks. 

molly3613
on 3/9/15 9:50 pm - TX
RNY on 01/24/13

Best of luck.  I hope your experience will be as good as mine was/is.  He has a couple of younger doctors who you might chat with before he comes in to see you but I liked them.  They were both very patient with nutrition questions and spent a lot of time with me.  Then Reardon came in and I also had his time.  When I was in the hospital there was one of his doctors who checked on me I realy didnt like.  But when in pain I really dont like most folks...😆.  And I wanted to stay one more day in the hospital but Reardon said no.  You are much better off at home ... You will recover faster if you have to move around and begin taking care of yourself.  I was mad at him for sending me home but I had been there three days and I guess he thought my time was up.  He did let me stay till 7:00 PM that final day but they rolled me downstairs finally.  And you get a private room.  All the WLS rooms are single so no roommate problems.  Keep me posted.

And I hope your appt. Is as early in the day as possible because you will have to wait.  He is never on time but when your turn comes he spends time with yiu too.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 279 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 282 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 322 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 279 views