PreOp Stress

floweringgemini
on 4/8/15 12:07 am - Rocky Point, NC

I have no date set but I know that it will be soon. Probably within the next 6 weeks according to Dr office. I am working the soda and carbonation and caffeine out of my diet. Sugar as well. I am finding myself extremely sleepy. Also I gained 2lb. That is not good I have to lose at least 8 now. I am struggling so hard to lose a few pounds like it is harder then ever. Feeling frustrated and stressed

cspotrun
on 4/8/15 1:50 am
RNY on 07/01/14

Do you have to do a pre-op diet?  That will help get those pounds off.  If you can maintain until then, that should be really helpful.  It is stressful, but in the end, worth it.  Hang in there!

Karen   

floweringgemini
on 4/8/15 1:53 am - Rocky Point, NC

Theres the pre op suggestion but the surgeons in my area do not require anything but a 24 hour pre op diet of liquids. I am doing yogurt for breakfast and drinking my lunch and eating dinner. I had stopped going to the gym because I hurt myself but at this point I guess I am gonna have to take some tylenol and suck it up. It is my achellis tendon so makes walking and such hard. I keep looking at pics and reading knowing that this will be worth it when I can walk across the house without pain or shortness of breath.

cspotrun
on 4/8/15 2:23 am
RNY on 07/01/14

Yes it absolutely will be worth it long term.  I guess then I would suggest going very low carb for now to lose that 8 pounds.  After surgery you will need to follow a high protein, low carb meal plan anyway, so you can get used to it now.  Hopefully your yogurt for breakfast is greek yogurt and your liquid lunch is a protein shake with low carbs.  Dinner should be a protein and veggies only.  This should really take some weight off.  Good luck!

Karen   

mornings
on 4/8/15 5:24 am - Canada

have to share this with you ,  I loved soda ,  it was my hardest thing to give up  till one day my doctor told me to   take a can of soda and a balloon ,  pour it inside the balloon and tie it , leave it settle or you can shake the balloon alittle  ....   he said after a while look at the ballon that's what soda does to a stomach or pouch the gasses stretch it  as it expands the balloon , after that I  remembered that balloon and  knew its not worth the chance just some little thing that was shared with me I wanted to share with you is all ,    best of luck on your upcoming surgery

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 322 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 364 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 325 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 316 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 92 views
What's on your Monday Menu?