I've had 2 failed bands,now finally getting rny!!anyone else?

SweetShae
on 4/14/15 3:18 pm

The doc warned me that my surgery might be more of a risk because of my three prior abdominal surgeries. 2 LapBand and removal. Has anyone else gone thru this?

If so, what was your experience 

Thank you!!

mornings
on 4/14/15 5:35 pm - Canada

im having my 2nd surgery from sleeve to  rny but its gonna be a open  surgery due to others I had   I think the lap band don't do very well with everyone 

Cooter N.
on 4/14/15 10:01 pm

I had a failed lapband from 2005 due to slipping. I had lapband to rny on Feb.3,15 and have done great. I have lost 54 lbs and glad I did it. Hope things are going well for you.

Surgery 2/3/15 Band to RNY Hw:272 CW:262   

SweetShae
on 4/15/15 3:26 am

Thank you, yes i had first in 2005; slipped.. second 2009.. and the doc thought it would be fun to leave a hole in my stomach.. which deteriorated the band and almost caused me to die with sepsis in 2011; had it removed.. now 2 and half years later ; going in for the RIGHT choice for me... RNY Been a long road getting here, just excited and nervous 

MeanStreak88
on 4/15/15 6:32 am - Opelika, AL

Personally I did not go through that, but I know someone that did..and everything worked out great. She starting losing weight a heck of a lot faster and has maintained. I just had the RNY myself.  Keep the faith, trust your surgeon, do everything they tell you, and all will be cool  ;-)

Ashley in Belgium
on 4/15/15 9:55 pm - Belgium
RNY on 08/08/13

I am a very happy Band to RNY revision.  I've had 7 abdominal surgeries (RNY revision was my 5th) and that wasn't a concern for me.  RNY is very different from being Banded - no choking, getting stuck or vomiting back what does't go through, etc.  At least that's been my experience.  I lost 110% of my EWL and am now learning maintenance.  There are quite a few of us on this site - you may have more response on the Revision board.

Good luck with your surgery - third time's the charm I'm sure!

Revision Band to RNY 8/8/13 5'4" HW 252 Lbs / SW 236 Lb / GW 135 lb / CW 127

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 244 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 266 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 313 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 271 views