Help, I am approved!! My surgery is May 20th!!

787LEOLADY
on 4/17/15 12:42 am, edited 4/17/15 12:48 am - Milwaukee, WI
RNY on 07/08/15

I got approved !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and  it took 8 days !! I have been so antsy waiting for a call and now that I got the call I am nervous as heck!,, I need words  of encouragement.  I would love to hear good advice on what I should be doing to prepair myself for my up and comming permanent life changes!!  

christinerocks
on 4/17/15 1:46 am - AZ
RNY on 04/06/15

Wow, congratulations!   I had a similar reaction when everything finally came together for me...  But you got this.  focus on preparation and eat as healthy as you can, and start exercising some, so you can get your body as strong and ready for surgery as possible. When it comes to colds or anyone with a cold, isolate yourself. It's  all about you!

and yes, this is a big, big step. But meditate and focus and take some steadying breaths,  you can and will do it! 

________

137 pounds lost - from a 24/26W to a size 8/10!

mckey1
on 4/17/15 3:35 am

My Surgery is 04/29 and I felt just like you. I have already lost the weight I needed for surgery and now I am just continuing the life style, so I can continue to loose weight and be as prepared as I can. I have known about the surgery since 03/16/15 and I was letting the Fear rule me, until I figured why I was so scared. It was the Fear of the unknown that had me in knots. I am such a planner and organizer, it took me minute to embrace and let God. Sending great thoughts your way and be blessed.

787LEOLADY
on 4/17/15 6:42 am - Milwaukee, WI
RNY on 07/08/15

@mckey1 Thanks for your thoughts and blessings!

I wish you the best as well please keep me posted!  You know i read that those that loose weight prior to surgery show to have a much higher sucess rate statisticaly.  So that alone should motivate you even more! Your on your way already!!!

(deactivated member)
on 4/17/15 7:36 am
RNY on 05/04/15

Do you mind if I ask where you read that factoid about pre-op loss leading to better post-op results? I'm about 2 weeks away from surgery and am getting really nervous...I could really use all the reassuring statistics I can get!

787LEOLADY
on 5/11/15 4:47 pm - Milwaukee, WI
RNY on 07/08/15

Hello... I would love to hear how you are doing after surgery?? I am having my surgery in 8 days and I am soooooo scared a nervous please if you could share any tips or how it went I would appreciate it.. 

thanks, 

787leolady

Vicky

mckey1
on 5/11/15 5:25 pm

I am doing real good. What is so strange on the day of my surgery I had peace and was able to get through it. My co worker, family and friends were so supportive it gave me more strength and I was able to do it. So far 12lbs down since surgery and I feel pretty good. So stay encouraged you can do this and came this far. Please be blessed.

clevahmynds
on 4/17/15 4:36 am

Congrats on your approval!!!!

787LEOLADY
on 4/17/15 6:36 am - Milwaukee, WI
RNY on 07/08/15

Thank you!!

Triksy
on 4/17/15 6:09 am
RNY on 05/20/15

WooHoo twinsies...lol 

We have the same surgery date. I know the feeling I'm overwhelmed. I know this is what I want and its what I've been working towards but everything just become very real when I finally got my surgery date.

Please feel free to send me a friend request I'm on OH several times a day.

HW- 380     SW-350     CW-358

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 322 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 365 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 325 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 316 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 11 replies · 64 views