4 Days Post-Op

killinmesmalls77
on 5/11/15 3:45 pm - MN
RNY on 05/07/15

I had RNY on May 7th. Surgery went well, although the state of my gallbladder was a surprise. Really inflamed and full of large stones. Thankfully they were able to remove it. I'll be so happy to not have that pain any more. 

Yesterday as I rested at home I couldn't help but think "oh my gosh, what did I just do?". There is no going back. Did anyone feel this way? Granted, my pain meds had worn off and I was having a lot of gas pain. I am pretty sure once I start to have less pain, I'll be happy about my decision and will still be glad that I had the surgery.  But is it normal to have a few minutes of "buyers remorse"?  

I've gained at least 9 pounds of fluid and am not too worried about that, but the gas pain is unreal. And the noises that are coming out of my stomach are crazy. How long until the gas pain goes away? No amount of pain medicine helps with this. 

So far so good keeping liquids down. Worried that I am not drinking enough, yesterday just 53 ounces, not including broths or cream soups for lunch and dinner.  I'm able to take walks multiple times a day so I feel blessed that I am not bed-ridden.  

Today was a good day of focusing on new changes that are coming my way. I went to Target with a friend and she bought bagels and ice cream. When we got home, she ate the entire tub of Ben & Jerry's in front of me while I had my soup for lunch and I can honestly say that I wasn't dying inside about not being able to have ice cream. That has to be a first. :) 

HW: 276 SW: 254.1 GW: 125 CW: 154.5

SweetShae
on 5/11/15 3:55 pm

Hi, I had mine in friday. I did get those same feelings. .like wow. It really happened? ! So yes I get that for sure.

The gas pains/noises are crazy crazy! I've bee using the gas x meltaways, walking and heating pad . That's helped but I'd u find out anymore ..I'd be open to tying anything now! !

Congrats..this is the beginning for us, let's do it!!

HW 324/CW 213.8 /GW 165

Lapband #1-5/05, Lapband #2-7/09 Lapband emergency removal 12/11 RNY- 5/8/15!

April 2015 -324 SW

May 2015 - 299 (Liquids Pre-Op 20 days) -25

M1= -31.6          M3= -12.0               M5= -8.4

M2= -11.4          M4= -12.0               M6= -9.4

(deactivated member)
on 5/11/15 4:40 pm
RNY on 05/04/15

My surgery was on May 4th, and the gas pain has been the only real problem for me. It's still an issue now, but less than it was a few days ago. No idea how long it will last, but I hope not forever! In the meantime, I'm taking the max dose of Gas X. Lying on my left side and shifting position frequently is helping me get it out too.

cpower100
on 5/13/15 4:19 am

I had surgery on Monday the 11th.  Yesterday as I was waiting for next dose of pain meds I was having that same feeling of what the heck did I do.  I am burping a lot but having trouble passing gas on the other end.  Hoping I can do a lot more walking today and get things moving.  It looks like I am going to be in the hospital for at least one more night.

(deactivated member)
on 11/17/15 10:36 pm

Hello i am Henry, it's my first time to commenting anyplace, when i read this article i thought i could also create comment due to this sensible article. Obat Galaktorea Obat Flu Singapura Some very valid points! I appreciate you penning this article plus the rest of the website is also really good. Keep on Writing brother Obat Encephalitis Cara Menyembuhkan Demensia

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 317 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 235 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 298 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 67 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 67 views