Hope

Stacy C.
on 6/22/15 5:55 pm

I am new here and have posted a lot, oddly they are not showing so I hope this one makes it. I just want to say I love how supportive everyone is and I love seeing all of the success stories. It really give me hope because I feel sick and worn out all the time. But from the looks of the posts it is going to get better. You are all amazing strong people for making it through this because I know know from first hand experience thick sucks! But I can see that there is a light at the end of the long dark tunnel and your inspiring post are helping to make that light so much brighter! So thank you!

MickeyDee
on 6/22/15 9:19 pm

First, be aware that you will probably not believe how fast youl'll se weight.  It's a miracle.

Second; don't fall into black despair when you have a stall.  Stay off the scale for the first few months, weigh only at your surgeon's office.  That way when you have a stall (not IF, but WHEN) you won't be so worried.

Just do a Luke Skywalker:  "Stay on target"

Chewchewchew, sipsipsip, walkwalkwalk

stevie95678
on 6/23/15 2:19 pm

I echo what MickeyD wrote - this surgery is a miracle!  I had my RNY on April 8 and was fortunate not to have too many issues early on.  I'm now 2 1/2 months post op and I can't believe how much weight I've already lost. I'm no long on diabetes medicine, I'm off all but two blood pressure meds, I no longer have sleep apnea and my knees no longer hurt.  Oh, and this morning, I'm no longer considered morbidly obese - I'm just obese.  Yeah, for the chubby girl!  Keep the faith, follow the rules (protein first), chew chew chew, drink lots of water and stay in contact with the folks on these boards - they are life savers!  Keep up the great work - YOU CAN DO IT!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 289 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 211 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 280 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 144 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 211 views