pre-op help with opti fast

HKT53
on 6/27/15 8:15 am - Toronto, Canada

Hi out there....

I am little under two weeks away from my RNY as a revision. I have not eaten for a year and half but the liquids I was having did not give me reflux, pain and indigestion. Just a day and half on opti-fast and I am suffering - I mean really suffering. Acid reflux, gerd, indigestion, head aches and lots of gas. Since I am only on this liquid...it has got to be my problem. Up to now I have been vomitting min 6 times a day. Now I welcome it if that is what it takes to stop the pain. Any ideas.

Kathyjs
on 6/27/15 11:47 am

You have been on liquids for a year and a half? 

HKT53
on 6/27/15 12:01 pm - Toronto, Canada

Yes .. The sleeve has been blocked by inflated tissue and only liquids get into lower stomach. It has been a long frustrating road to getting approval for RNY as a fix. So drinking my foods is not strange to me but tolerating proteins for some reason is not easy. I have been Vomitting average of six times a day. Now with the opti fast , I have nautilus feeling but not actually Vomitting. I hear from others that this fix of RNY is the right way to go. I have my surgery July 10.

Kathyjs
on 6/27/15 5:13 pm

Oh bless your heart. I can't imagine why they have you on this when you have had nothing but liquids. Wishing you the very best !!! Hugs

HKT53
on 6/27/15 5:21 pm - Toronto, Canada

I figured out part of my problem. Low blood sugar. I will go to drs on Monday but I have all the signs of low sugar. I took some life savers and felt a little better but threw up. I'll get to the bottom of this opti fast somehow. 

lynnc99
on 6/27/15 5:46 pm

I don't have much to add to the party here, but do want to wish you ALL the best with your surgery and recovery. Keep us posted on how you are doing. 

HKT53
on 6/27/15 5:54 pm - Toronto, Canada

Thanks for good wishes. I could write a book about my journey but who wants to read it? I just want to believe that the RNY is the answer.

Most Active
Recent Topics