I am about to completely stop caring

Chickenboob
on 9/5/15 9:52 am - Rockland, Canada

5'4, 254 (lowest was 194) goal 150

RNY 2011/07/26 HW 338; SW 301; LW 199; Starting over weight 255; CW 212; GOAL #1 lose regain back to 199 lbs!

White Dove
on 9/5/15 10:10 am - Warren, OH

I would do Atkins induction for two weeks and see if you don't drop seven to ten pounds. 

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Chickenboob
on 9/5/15 1:37 pm - Rockland, Canada

I have looked it up and I will start it tomorrow morning (going shopping tonight). Luckily I don't eat much, so shouldn't be too expensive.

RNY 2011/07/26 HW 338; SW 301; LW 199; Starting over weight 255; CW 212; GOAL #1 lose regain back to 199 lbs!

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/5/15 7:02 am, edited 9/6/15 12:27 am

One extra word - if I may add- try to avoid highly processed foods like shakes or protein bars. Even though - they may claim low net crabs - I never can forget that fiber and sugar alcohols are carbs. My body process that like normal carbs. 

Don't make mistake counting net carbs. Total carbs for most of us are important. Also - based on my own experiance- if I need carbs - I can have some later during the day. Earlier in a day - too many carbs stimulate insulin production and too much insulin may prevent fat loss. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

lynnc99
on 9/7/15 11:47 am

You are right re: net carbs. Net carbs was a term that the Atkins folks rolled out to sell bars that were LOADED with artificial ingredients and sugar alcohols. 

White Dove
on 9/5/15 2:52 pm - Warren, OH

Remember you only count carbs, not calories.  You can eat as much meat and eggs as you want.  There are Atkins frozen meals that work even with induction.  Keep carbs between 18 and 22 per day.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Chickenboob
on 9/5/15 10:12 am - Rockland, Canada

Thank you all,

That last time I posted I was advised to stick between 60- 80 g carbs per day. What I am taking away from this thread is that's still way too many carbs.

So I am going to kick out the oatmeal, blue berries and milk at breakfast. Which is fine with me, I am not a fan of oatmeal anyways. I was just eating it to make the nutritionist happy. I will replace it with a non-starchy green veggie and maybe an egg.

I will reduce my carbs to less than 50 g right away and work over the next two weeks to get it to 30.

I will add a small amount of healthy fat so that I still feel satisfied.

I will continue with these tweaks, and post again in about a month to see if there is any progress.

Again thank-you!

If a little more protein sneaks in (not much) I am ok with that.

MsBatt
on 9/5/15 11:47 am

Remember that the average human NEEDS 30-40 grams of fat a day to function properly. With your RNY, you're malabsorbing fat---about 35% of it. And never, ever buy foods that have been artificially made low- or no-fat. The fat has to be replaced with SOMETHING, and that something is usually CARBS.

CerealKiller Kat71
on 9/5/15 3:41 pm
RNY on 12/31/13
On September 5, 2015 at 11:47 AM Pacific Time, MsBatt wrote:

Remember that the average human NEEDS 30-40 grams of fat a day to function properly. With your RNY, you're malabsorbing fat---about 35% of it. And never, ever buy foods that have been artificially made low- or no-fat. The fat has to be replaced with SOMETHING, and that something is usually CARBS.

I just want to second this ^^^

Fat really isn't the enemy and in fact, keeps you satiated longer.  I never really worry about fats.  Only total calories for the day and total carbs. 

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Jeppa
on 9/6/15 3:52 am
Revision on 06/02/15

If you can, go the library and grab the book "Trim Healthy Mama". It's got some pretty interesting information in there. If you can't, there is an online blog, "Gwens Nest" who has a quick start guide you can download for free. It talks mostly about how the body uses carbs vs. protein, and all kinds of scientific reason why our bodies react to certain foods, etc. I have only just started getting into it but I can feel a difference. I have a friend who has been changing her eating habits to the "THM" way - little by little - and has lost 12 lbs in 3 weeks. This is after a 2 year stall. Some of the recipes have ingredients that I'm not sure I would ever try, but for the most part, the "on plan" food is normal, every day stuff. There are people who are "all in" that lose tons of weight, and there are people that are "part timers" that lose tons of weight. There are some that are losing very little weight, but the inches are falling off.  If you haven't, take a look at it. 

12.25.08 - Starting Weight: 408...7.30.09 - Surgery  Weight: 336

6.2.15 - Revision Surgery (Lap removal/RNY) Wt: 295

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 320 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 240 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 300 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 75 views
Recent Topics