I am about to completely stop caring

Chickenboob
on 9/5/15 7:09 am - Rockland, Canada

I posted a while back about having a regain and struggling to lose anything at all. My habits have been impeccable since May. I have been logging everything, eating according to plan. I have been exercising like a beast and nothing lost. A few kind people on here tried to help with some suggestions for tweaking my diet and it was much appreciated and I made those changes. So three weeks later and I still have not dropped a single pound. I am still tired and miserable. The endocrinologist was no help, I just had my endoscopy yesterday and everything "looked fine". I burst into tears when I got back to recovery, because an anatomical issue was really my last hope. The doctor didn't even bother coming to see me after the procedure the way she did for everyone else around me. Basically the doctor told me in july that if the anatomy was fine I have to work with the behaviourist and nutritionist to get on track. But I am on track. I have been for months. People say that just can't be, but it really really really is. So now I am out of options, she won't clear me for a revision at this point. so I am basically back to where I was before I had surgery. Only I can't even look at anything beyond what I allow myself to eat without feeling anxious because if I put on a pound, it's just another pound that I can't lose. I am so angry that I just can't get anyone to take me seriously. It's becoming a farce and a waste of time. The Weight Management clinic needs to either figure out a way to help me, or just cut me loose and leave me alone.

RNY 2011/07/26 HW 338; SW 301; LW 199; Starting over weight 255; CW 212; GOAL #1 lose regain back to 199 lbs!

CerealKiller Kat71
on 9/5/15 7:54 am
RNY on 12/31/13

How about posting your logs so that we can trouble shoot with you.  

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

TimeForMe61
on 9/5/15 8:03 am - Lancaster, PA
RNY on 01/22/15

Please don't give up. Give more information so that everyone can share ideas. What is your caloric intake, how much protein, how many carbs do you eat per day, what is your current weight/height, what kind of carbs and how much water are you drinking?

Chickenboob
on 9/5/15 9:22 am - Rockland, Canada

Caloric intake 850-900 cal, Protein ~85, carb ~75, fat ~30; 5'4, 254, carbs: quinoa, oatmeal and brown rice (other than green veggies) limited to 1/4 every 2 days or so. 10-12 C water per day, observing 30 minute before/after meal buffer. No grazing, no tasting as I cook or anything like that. 

Exercise 3-4 cardio per week (walk/run training for 10K) mountain biking (those hills are killers), 2-3 of each leg strength training, upper body strength training and core training. I don't count walks with the family or other extras that happen during the week.

I eat consistently similar interchangeable foods

Breakfast

1 pkg high protein oatmeal

1/2C skim milk

1/4 C blueberries

2 slice peameal bacon

246 cal/ 6g fat/23 g carb/25 g protein

snack 1 1/2 c broccoli florets

1/2 container pc mini hummus

88cal/ 4 g fat/ 6 g carbs/ 7 g protein

Lunch

2 oz boneless chicken breast, poached no added fat

1/2 broccoli

1/8 c mashed squash

1/8 c mashed sweet potato

1tsp butter

165 cal/ 8 g fat/ 11 g carb/ 12 g protein

Snack 2

Cottage cheese 1% (1 individual tub)

1/2 C Cucumbers

97 cal/ 1 g/ fat 8 g carb/ 14 g protein

Supper

1/2 can tuna

1 Tbd LF miracle whip

1 strubbs dill pickle

1/8 c sweet potato

1/8 c Squash

1/2 c brussels sprouts steamed

235 cal/ 6 g fat/ 26 g carb/ 22 g protein

Snack

Amooza cheese string

60 cal/ 4 g fat/ 1 carb/ 5 protein

RNY 2011/07/26 HW 338; SW 301; LW 199; Starting over weight 255; CW 212; GOAL #1 lose regain back to 199 lbs!

hl1524
on 9/5/15 9:28 am - Austin, TX

I would start by ditching the grains. The few carbs I get (less than 30/day) come from green veggies and dairy. 

RNY 8/27/2014

Chickenboob
on 9/5/15 9:36 am - Rockland, Canada

I eat very little of them anyways, so I'll try that.

Missella20
on 9/5/15 2:32 pm
RNY on 07/11/13

Too many carbs!

HW 264    SW 234    CW 149    5'4" 

TimeForMe61
on 9/5/15 9:38 am - Lancaster, PA
RNY on 01/22/15

The first thing I would say is to drop your carbs below 50. At my 6 month visit 6 weeks ago, the nutritionist said to eat fruit or non starch vegs at every meal. From everything the vets have said, 50 grams of protein should be the limit and I follow that religiously through Greek yogurt as my primary carb (19 grams) before exercise and green vegetables only. I eat fruit at most 3 times per week and a healthy starch at most twice per week. The other thing that my surgeon is strict about is 600-800 calories per day during weight loss, no matter what

I also am supposed to have 60-80 grams of protein and try to hit 90 or higher and use is pure vanilla in my coffee every morning and supplement every other day with a premier protein shake later in the day to boost my protein. It's miraculous to me that it works since I've never been able to lose this much weight before (except on 6 months of Optifast) and feel no hunger. Please try it!!

TimeForMe61
on 9/5/15 9:42 am - Lancaster, PA
RNY on 01/22/15

One other thing, I rarely eat more than 30 grams of carbs, even on a fruit day as other poster said. Also, what is your height, weight and goal? This is not one plan fits all but I think the carbs and calories may need to be adjusted.

Maria27
on 9/5/15 9:55 am - Chicago, IL
RNY on 03/17/15

Please don't give up. Have you taken measurements or checked to see if your clothes are fitting you different? You are exercising a lot, and while exercise is good for you, it is not great for weight loss. Cardio stresses your body, which can cause you to retain water, and strength training builds muscle, which may not help with the number on the scale but makes you look more fit and toned. So maybe you are missing the positive changes that are happening to your body by focusing too much on the scale.

As for your menu, you are doing a pretty good job, but I have just a couple of suggestions. Check your oatmeal to see if it is steel cut oats. Oatmeal is typically made from rolled oats, which are not a whole grain. Personally I don't eat either, but if you must, make sure you stick to steel cut oats. Also, I eat closer to 50 carbs and 45 fat a day, but I make sure at least some of the fat is from healthy fat sources. Finally, I ditched measuring cups because it is too easy to heap them full and convince yourself you are eating less than you really are. My advice is to weigh everything on a kitchen scale.

Height: 5'5" HW: 290 Consultation Weight: 276 SW: 257 CW: 132

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 299 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 344 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 304 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 301 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 74 views