I have returned from MEXICO!

Izzi
on 9/20/15 8:09 am
RNY on 08/12/15

Hello ALL!

I just got home a few hours ago.....booo! Mexico was fabulous! I did my absolute best to stay on track while I was there and judging by the scale this morning, I am down 7-8 pounds from last week. 

Some of the highs of the trip were being able to "more easily" and comfortably put on the airplane seat belt. The year before I could not snap the belt and just laid it over my lap and covered it with a blanket or jacket. 

It was also awesome to hear from family that they could tell I was loosing weight. A few of the family members told me how proud they were of me for sticking to my diet even while on vacation. (None of them know I had surgery) It made me feel good to have my hard work recognized but for a few minutes I was left feeling like a liar for taking their praise and not telling them about my surgery.....but then I thought about all of my choices. I am choosing to stay on track. I am choosing not to graze. I am choosing to eat my protein first. That is me and not the surgery. I promptly erased the "liar within" and enjoyed their praise!

Well, I am off to do laundry and unpack! I return to work in a day or so, BOO! I would rather be on the beach!  On that note though, work has been great. I have had no problems with returning to work so early after surgery. Work is even a little easier now since I have gotten some weight off and my scrubs are loose! Love it!!

HAVE A GREAT DAY!

Izzi

HW-330, SW-312, SD 8/12/15

NYMom222
on 9/20/15 8:29 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Great Job! Yes, we have to deal with the demons in our heads...LOL. Telling or not telling is a hard decision. I told most people in my immediate life before the surgery. If I had it to do over again I might have waited until after. If people ask me, and I have time to talk about it... I will tell them. If I don't have time I will just say "Working hard at it"...which is true. Sounds like a fabulous vacation.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Izzi
on 9/20/15 4:11 pm
RNY on 08/12/15

Thanks!! Great advice!

K N.
on 9/20/15 5:37 pm

You said your scrubs "fit better".. So I am assuming yur a nurse? I am a nurse, in a busy ED. How soon did you go back to work? My doctor told me I will be able two in 3 days as long as I work in triage where I shouldnt have to lift much and wont be on my feet as much. I was wondering if this is realistic or not. - I hope so. I dont have a ton of sick leave and I don't plan on telling my co-workers (less days off means they wont be asking where I was). I plan on having the RNY - hopefully in November if all works out. 

Izzi
on 9/22/15 2:17 am
RNY on 08/12/15

Yes, well sort of! I am a vet tech at a very busy emergency clinic. I do lots of lifting and always up and down off the floor etc...

I returned one week exactly, because that is just my normal work schedule. (3 on and then 4 off)

I stopped all pain meds by the second or third day. I made sure to walk a bunch. Very important to walk and sip water! I think you could return to work on the third day, but you would  be more comfortable waiting a week in my opinion. It was hard for me to bend over and pick things up off the floor and taking a break was the worst! It was beyond painful to sit down but standing was easy thus I stood a lot! I also did a little more lifting than I should have BUT I listened to my body and when I hurt doing something I stopped doing it.

Hope that helps! Good luck in November! Keep us posted!

izzi

K N.
on 9/22/15 2:51 am

Thanks for the info! 

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 324 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 246 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 312 views