Newbie and Has anyone had a RNY after a gastric sleeve?

Kathysangels
on 10/29/15 6:57 pm

I am definitely a newbie to this forum. I live in the Cleveland Ohio area and am married to a wonderful man for almost 35 years, have a 32 year old son and a 38 year old daughter with 6 grand kids (one passed away).

My sweetheart had a gastric sleeve done last week and we are working out the kinks - I am so proud of him.

I had gastric sleeve surgery in Feb 2014 and lost about 125#s. While this was great, and I am proud of my efforts, I still have about 100#s to lose.

My surgeon has suggested that I have a RNY as a follow up procedure and I am wondering if anyone has had a RNY after a Gastric Sleeve Surgery???

White Dove
on 10/30/15 1:24 am - Warren, OH

Many people have the RNY when the sleeve is not enough to lose all excess weight. The malabsorption is a big help. I would suggest that you look at the revision board.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Kathysangels
on 10/30/15 8:26 am

Thank you - I wasn't sure where to post.

I have seen you answering others - you seem like such a sweet person to be so willing to help.

Hugs,

Kathy

White Dove
on 10/30/15 8:39 am - Warren, OH

The RNY surgery changed my life and I will do anything to help others to feel as wonderful as it made me feel.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Deanna798
on 10/30/15 8:57 am
RNY on 08/04/15

A good friend of mine had gastric sleeve in March 2015. She was really sick and couldn't keep anything down for months. After two additional surgeries, and a lot of discussion with her doctor, they revised to RNY on 8/3, the day before I had my RNY. To date, she has lost over 100lbs, and is now 150lbs and wears a size 8. I'm a little jelly, lol.

The revision was for medical purposes, but it was a great decision for her and she's feeling great.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Bchica15
on 10/30/15 6:09 pm
with

I had the sleeve in Oct 2012 and just had RNY on the 21st of Oct. I developed Gerd and gained my weight back during pregnancy. I also had a significant twist/angulation in my sleeve. My surgeon thought RNY would help with my Gerd. So far I am doing well no complications. I am in a bit more discomfort than with the sleeve and it is so different. I have no hunger at all. It wasn't like that with my sleeve.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 331 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 367 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 328 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 324 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 15 replies · 139 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?