2 months out, not doing well.......

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 11/16/15 11:00 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

Hey there Catsi51,

You posted 24 hours ago, have you called your surgeon yet???  If not, pick up that phone and get an appointment if you are still having those symptoms!!!

Sharon

MickeyDee
on 11/16/15 6:48 pm

My surgeon had me use OTC Prilosec for the first six weeks post-op, just in case of nausea.  You might want to ask your surgeon about using it.  

A lot of times our cranky little pouches just don't WANNA have anything in there.  Even if it's only an ounce or two, some pureed soups can be a good start.  These allow you to get food in without having to worry about chunks of unchewed food.  I picked a few of my favorite soups and would puree a canful, add a couple of tablespoons full of unflavored protein, mix thoroughly, keep out a portion and heat it in the microwave.  At first I would be lucky to eat a couple of ounces--my intake gradually increased.

This is not an overnight fix;  take it easy on yourself.  

Oh, yeah, watch out for eggs--urrgh.  My first time with eggs was a disaster.  I couldn't eat eggs again for a year!                      

Thornbury150
on 11/19/15 9:14 am

Stumbled across this today and am curious what your surgeon had to say? I truly hope you are feeling better!

Age: 44  Consult: 210  RNY: 10-27-2015 with Dr. Sanborn in Chattanooga, TN  

Most Active
Recent Topics