My rockin' NSV!

Thomas H.
on 11/17/15 8:45 pm - Saint Petersburg, FL

MY big NSV was I got to sing this past weekend with my friends band....standing up for a change! 

"Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor." - Alexis Carrel

Deanna798
on 11/18/15 3:57 am
RNY on 08/04/15

I can see it!  You rock, literally! Congrats.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

(deactivated member)
on 11/18/15 5:24 am

Be proud. I am glad you posted again so we could see your victory. What were you singing that night?

Thomas H.
on 11/19/15 10:59 am - Saint Petersburg, FL

Not all that night, they called me up to sing a couple songs so their regular singer could take a break and have a drink. :) I sang Quiet Riots Metal Health and Alice in Chains Man in the Box. I loved it. :) My Momma who was a blues singer would have been proud. 

"Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor." - Alexis Carrel

(deactivated member)
on 11/19/15 2:12 pm

That is still a major NSV. When was the last time you got up and sang? ANd felt good about it?

Thomas H.
on 11/19/15 2:21 pm - Saint Petersburg, FL

A little over a year ago, but I had to sit down the whole time. At least this time I got to stand for almost the whole time. To me it's a big achievement. :)

(deactivated member)
on 11/19/15 2:26 pm

As Axel would say from the Middle would say hells yeah. That is great. Be proud and do it again. And keep posting. It does help you and it does help others. 

The Salty Hag
on 11/18/15 6:22 am
RNY on 05/20/13

How cool is that?? Congrats!!

And I am UBER jealous of your hair!! Why do men always have prettier long hair than me?

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

(deactivated member)
on 11/18/15 9:34 am
RNY on 05/04/15

Agreed! I've also lost at least half of my hair, and my husband, who's lost a lot more than me since surgery, still has a full head of ridiculously thick hair. It's not fair!

Thomas H.
on 11/19/15 11:40 am - Saint Petersburg, FL

Been growing it out for a long time, taking Biotin now to make sure I don't lose it. :) 

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 322 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 364 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 325 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 316 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 92 views
What's on your Monday Menu?