When did you start to feel "good"?

moe4572
on 12/29/15 12:57 pm
with

I am 5 weeks post op and still don't feel that great.....it is getting better, but just always feel either just "ok" or have a stomachache. I eat very little--about an oz of protein at a time....more than that gives me a terrible stomachache. I am getting in my protein and most of my fluids.

I don't have "buyers remorse"....yet.......but I just want to feel better!

Thoughts?

(Should add I have lost 30 lbs since my pre op 11/13/15)

White Dove
on 12/29/15 1:33 pm - Warren, OH

It takes time to heal.  I stuck to protein shakes for the first three months because most food made me sick and I could eat such a tiny amount.  It gets better every day.  I am eight years out and can easily get in three ounces of meat at a meal now.  Just give yourself time to heal.  By the end of a year you will be able to eat most foods and just have to control the amounts to feel good.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Eggface
on 12/29/15 3:13 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

About 7 weeks for me it was like a light came on in my world... you know everyone is different.

So... on the stomachache... have you tried swapping out milks. Do some experimenting with lactose free milk, water, soy... a combo. I found once I axed the liquid dairy that urpy gross crampy feeling went. 

Congrats and good for you for getting your fluids in... most important... fresh air and walking helped... and getting a little system or routine going too.

Hope you are feeling AWESOME soon (you will!)

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Laura in Texas
on 12/29/15 3:35 pm

It took me six months to feel "good". I probably felt "OK" at the 3 month mark.

By six months I finally had my energy back and actually more than I had ever had in my life at that point. For some of us it takes longer to feel "good"

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

sonliberty
on 12/29/15 4:50 pm - La Palma, CA

Don't get discourage.  It does take it's time. I also agree with Whitedove comment, by the end of the first year, you will feel back to normal.  Your body is going through a lot of changes.  Be very optimistic even if you don't feel that way.  The results at the end will make you feel better.  Tomorrow is my 5 year anniversary and I don't regret having taken this step.  So cheer up, there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 12/29/15 6:11 pm - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

It was slow going for at least 2 months.  Even after I lost a bunch of weight, I didn't feel better (more energy, etc****il I got varicose vein surgery because I had blow veins in both legs.  Then, I felt 20 years younger.  Varicose Veins are not just a cosmetic issue. 

Sharon

MonaLisaSmile
on 12/29/15 8:35 pm - Canada

I felt pretty good after about a week.  Slept amazing every night.....but I felt very tired up til about 3mth.  So much going on with your body, just give it the rest it needs.  Like others have said it gets better everyday.  You learn a lot in the first few months.  It's a crazy ride........but soooo worth it!!!!!

SW- 260    GW- 150    CW -138    Height - 5'5      RNY- St Josephs Hamilton July 17/2015  

G2GAWAY
on 12/29/15 11:12 pm
RNY on 05/16/15

I did not have any complications after my surgery, but I was very tired until about 6-1/2 weeks out.  Then, all of a sudden, I realized I felt better. You will get there. You had major surgery and are adjusting to a lot of things. One thing that really helped me was nibbling on small pieces of beef (or turkey) jerky throughout the day.  Really helped with protein and energy. Just chew it up until it is practically a paste. I have lost over 100 pounds since my surgery in May and only wish I had done this years ago.  You will feel better slowly but surely. My daughter even said to me the other day that I move a lot quicker...it just sneaks up on you gradually and before you know it you are a better version of your old self.

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

funkyphillygirl
on 12/30/15 10:31 am

I am almost 4.5 years out from my RNY, and everyone's journey is just a bit different.  Please remember that you and your body are relearning many things about nutrition, digestion, how, when and what to eat.  Each week should be getting a little bit better.  It's hard to not focus on all of this, but try to think positively about the decision you've made and the direction you are going.  Improved health is the ultimate goal!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 320 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 240 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 300 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 74 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 74 views