Gained 20 pounds - 8 years out....Freaking out!

cpcampbell
on 1/16/16 4:10 pm

Trying to get back on track.....Help!

NYMom222
on 1/16/16 8:22 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

It is slow here on weekends....So I will be the first respond. First off kudos for coming looking for help before the regain gets even worse!

Take a deep breath and get back to basics. Here's a refresher: Count your protein, 60-80 a day minimum, drink your water/fluids 64oz minimum... Try and do some activity or exercise most days. Cut out the starchy carbs...it will make things much easier. Keep coming on here, reading and getting support. Many people like recording their food journal on my fitness Pal. Just don't eat back any exercise calories they may give you....

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

cpcampbell
on 1/16/16 8:54 pm

Thank you.  I have not had any challenges until now...A lot is going on - my job was fazed out and I have been looking for a while now...A lot of stress. New day tomorrow. Start anew...Glad it is only 20 pounds. THANK YOU!

NYMom222
on 1/16/16 9:04 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Stress will do it... During the week there is a post on here called "What are you eating today RNYers?" I find it helpful to post because I plan my day. That way there is no getting caught off guard with "What's for dinner?" You can get ideas of menus too...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

cpcampbell
on 1/17/16 3:52 am

Hi Cynthia, you know I forgot about that...Thank you.  I will post. Today back to 5day pouch test for the week with 5 - 10 lb weight loss to jump start then back to basics.   I feel great that I'm ready mentally.....

(deactivated member)
on 1/17/16 8:28 am

Glad you came here to get yourself back on track. One thing I do is I don't wait to the next day. I try to make sure I do it for the next meal. Start tracking your food.  Take one meal at a time.

Clean any crap out of your house. Measure your food. Remember you deserve to be healthy. You have to do this for yourself. Putting yourself first is not always easy.

Good luck to you. 

cpcampbell
on 1/17/16 2:11 pm

Thank you for the encouragement...Never had this challenge since my RNY in 2008. Went from 260 + to 111, my lowest - generally stay between 115 and tops 117. This is insane!

april89love
on 1/16/16 10:44 pm - NC

I am five years out and dealing with the same thing. Major life changes seem to cause things to get off kilter. We moved last April and were living with my daughter's family for 3 and 1/2 months while we were finding and remodeling our new house. I don't know exactly when things started going south but I am up 20 lbs. I have got to get it under control. Remember protein first and veggies. Cut out simple starches and fruit til you get back to your normal weight. This is my plan.

Sandy

HW 225, SW 219, GW 140, CW 124

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!  

cpcampbell
on 1/17/16 3:42 am

Thank you Sandy. This is my first  my day back to basics. I planned 5day pouch test to jump start the weight loss with 5-10 lbs week one. Then normal way of eating, I know the first few days will be rough but doable....

White Dove
on 1/17/16 8:55 am - Warren, OH

One secret of maintaining is getting on the scale every single day.  You will never again get the 20 pound shock.  If you weigh daily you will always know what is going on. 

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 65 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 294 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 300 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 340 views