craving new ground beef WLS recipes

naenae_68
on 1/25/16 8:53 am

Hello!

Happy Monday!

I have been going through a phase of craving ground beef. I have tried all my recipes and am looking into something new and exciting. Any suggestions welcome!!

I also posted this on recipes/diet and nutrition as well :)

CerealKiller Kat71
on 1/25/16 10:59 am, edited 1/25/16 3:01 am
RNY on 12/31/13

I sometimes make lettuce wraps: (Six servings)

1 tbsp soy sauce
6 leaves medium lettuce
1.5 tsp garlic powder or fresh minced garlic
.5 lean ground beef or ground turkey
Directions

Combine the soy sauce and garlic powder.
Pour over ground beef and mix well and let rest 1 hour to overnight.
Brown ground beef over medium-high heat.
Serve immediately with lettuce leaves.

I sometimes add a spoon of dry peanut butter, sour cream or plain greek yogurt -- my husband adds red peppers or shredded carrots
Note: to eat, just put a few spoonfuls of the meat mixture into the lettuce wrap.

and here is the tastier but higher calorie version (but so much tastier)

1¼ lb 96% lean ground beef (or any ground meat you prefer)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 cup onion, roughly chopped
4 cloves garlic, diced
1-inch piece of ginger, diced
¾ cup water chestnuts, roughly chopped
5 tbsp hoisin sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
Bibb lettuce

Optional toppings:

shredded carrots
roughly chopped peanuts
toasted sesame seeds
chopped green onion

Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large pan. Add in the ground beef and break it apart with a cooking spoon into smaller pieces. Season with salt and pepper to taste and cook till no longer pink. Set aside on a separate plate.
In the same pan, cook the onion, garlic, and ginger for 3-4 minutes. Add the meat and water chestnuts into the pan.
Stir in the hoisin sauce and soy sauce and cook everything together for a few minutes.
To serve, place the meat mixture in the lettuce cups and top with shredded carrots, peanuts, sesame seeds, green onion, and extra hoisin sauce.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

tonya2741
on 1/25/16 11:28 am

One of the 1st ground beef recipes I made after surgery was Stuffed Pepper Soup, but the way I make it, it's more like a thick chili-type consistency.

Stuffed Pepper Soup

1 lb lean ground beef

1 can diced tomatoes (or stewed, crushed, or sauced)

1 small onion

1 tsp minced garlic

1 medium chopped green pepper

Salt and Pepper, to taste

Oregano or Italian Seasoning, to taste

Brown the ground beef, pour off any grease. Add onions and garlic, saute until translucent. Stir in spices. Last, add green peppers. Let simmer on low until green peppers are tender. Top with cheddar cheese, if desired. YUM! 

HW: 246; VGS: 11/23/15 Dr. Joel Sebastien; SW: 226; GW: 130; CW: 166  

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you." Fred DeVito                 "Perhaps, this very instant is your time." Louise Bogan

"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today." Karen Lamb 

tonya2741
on 1/25/16 11:34 am

I used to add rice to this while cooking, and then pour it over more rice or mashed potatoes. Now, it's just as good by itself in a bowl - and filling! 

HW: 246; VGS: 11/23/15 Dr. Joel Sebastien; SW: 226; GW: 130; CW: 166  

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you." Fred DeVito                 "Perhaps, this very instant is your time." Louise Bogan

"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today." Karen Lamb 

Grim_Traveller
on 1/25/16 11:50 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I shape it into something resembling a disc, and cook it. I add cheese on top.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/25/16 12:14 pm

taco meat (brown onion, then meat- add taco seasoning - add 1/2 cup of water and cook long enough for the water to evaporate)... then I make "taco salad" for me and Bf gets same wrapped in tortilla or in a shell. 

Kheema (indian food) http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/aarti-sequeira/kheema-ind ian-ground-beef-with-peas-recipe.html

meatloaf... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

cabin111
on 1/29/16 6:15 pm

Wendy's Chili...Add your own cheese.  Enjoy

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 323 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 245 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 311 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 84 views