Going the wrong way!!!

MargieDTCSC
on 2/4/16 5:26 am
RNY on 09/21/15

I guess i shouldn't complain. i've lost 117 lbs since beginning this journey and 100 since my surgery. But the scale hasn't been cooperating with me!!! It all started when i added strength training to my routine. I now work out 5 days a week between strength and water aerobics...that's 5 times more than pre surgery!!! and i walk daily.

But for the last 2 weeks the scale hasn't been cooperating.  I've buckled down on my eating so i hope that helps. I wasn't bad, but i wasn't weighing religiously. I now carry my scale with me.

I feel like i'll never lose another ounce and all this will be for nothing. i need to lose another 100 lbs just to be less obese. I was a super obese with a bmi of over 60 now I'm just obese with a bmi of 48. in the last 4 days i've gained 2 lbs. UGH!!!

I'm so frustrated. Just needed to vent.

Ktscarltt413
on 2/4/16 5:45 am
RNY on 11/11/15

What you have accomplished is amazing. Muscle weighs more than fat, you have added strength training and are building up those muscles. I would start using the measuring tape. The scale will catch up.

Deanna798
on 2/4/16 6:02 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Congo-Rats on the great loss so far!  

You are obviously in a stall, stick to it and it will break. I'm  6 months out and my loss had slowed considerably.  I know if I stick to it the weight will come off, but the closer to goal I get the slower it comes off. 

This too shall pass. 

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Maria27
on 2/4/16 6:26 am - Chicago, IL
RNY on 03/17/15

Increasing the amount you exercise stresses your body, and when your body is stressed, it retains water. If you continue the same exercise routine, eventually your body will adjust and let go of the excess water.

Height: 5'5" HW: 290 Consultation Weight: 276 SW: 257 CW: 132

MargieDTCSC
on 2/4/16 6:41 am
RNY on 09/21/15

now that you mention it, i have felt like i was retaining fluids. Thank you!!!

SkinnyScientist
on 2/4/16 3:08 pm

What she said IS true. I did a 3 hour block of x-cross training instead of running outside as it was still raining. I did tae-bo for an hour, ran 3 miles, then met with my personal trainer for an hour. I burned over 1000 calories in 3 hours. 

TODAY I am sore and UP 3 lbs!!! That is..I gained 3 lbs in a day. I know I did not eat the ~9000 calories needed to gain 3 lbs in a day. It is just fluid.

But even my pants in the leg and bum area (where I am sore) are tight.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

White Dove
on 2/4/16 8:05 am - Warren, OH

I invested $150 in a Garmin Index scale.  It measures my weight, my BMI, my body fat percentage, my body water percentage, my muscle weight and bone weight.   It bluetooths all that information directly to my computer and phone.

I can compare my weight but also whether there is more water, more fat or more muscle. 

It takes the guessing away.  I know that the less I weigh the less I can eat.  I am always adjusting my food intake downward because it takes less calories to maintain a smaller body.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

CerealKiller Kat71
on 2/4/16 8:15 am
RNY on 12/31/13
On February 4, 2016 at 4:05 PM Pacific Time, White Dove wrote:

I invested $150 in a Garmin Index scale.  It measures my weight, my BMI, my body fat percentage, my body water percentage, my muscle weight and bone weight.   It bluetooths all that information directly to my computer and phone.

I can compare my weight but also whether there is more water, more fat or more muscle. 

It takes the guessing away.  I know that the less I weigh the less I can eat.  I am always adjusting my food intake downward because it takes less calories to maintain a smaller body.

Have you found this accurate?  I am very interested in this!

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

White Dove
on 2/4/16 9:28 am - Warren, OH

I am going to do BodyPod in the Spring and see how it compares. 

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

RNY on 12/22/14

I am numbers person, so ignore this if it makes you crazy.  You might want to graph your results -weekly or monthly - the downward trend will keep you going through these plateuas.  A stall would be more than 4 weeks without wt loss - but if you are compliant, those lost pounds are in the bank and will catch up. 

I also find that when I am sore from weight training - that I had also retained water - and weigh 'heavier" than when it has all worked out of my system. 

Hang in there. 

Sharon

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 347 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 233 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 340 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 270 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?