3 month Post Op visit.

dorothy1110
on 12/22/17 6:07 am
RNY on 09/06/17

I went yesterday to the Surgeon for my 3 month post op appointment. He said he is happy with my weight loss. I have lost 108 all together and 68 since surgery. My labs looked mostly good. A1C is normal still, He dropped me down to 1 500mg of Metformin 2 times a day. I was on 2 twice a day. My Iron is low already knew I was anemic. So I need to take more iron. My vitamin D level is low so I have to take extra 5000 IU's a day. Dietiatian wants me to Drink more than 64 oz. of water a day. She said my urine should me lighter yellow then it is. She said I may be one of those people who need more fluids in.

I was worried my Surgeon would be unhappy with my progress. My family has been majorly stressed out since Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving night my mom went in to the hospital with stroke like conditions. She had a blood clot in the rear left side of her brain. That section of brain it affected controlled breathing. She was on ventilator and sedated. 4 days later they turned the sedation off. She would open her eyes off and on because the sedation was building up in her system it took an few days to ware off. They started to wean her from the Ventilator. On December 2nd they took her off ventilator completely. We already knew she was not going to make it and was getting ready for Hospice care. She was able to speak quietly after the vent was taking out. We explained to her what had happened. She understood. She told us she loved us and was sorry. We told her don't be sorry. We all were there but 2 of my brothers who could not make it. She knew we loved her and we made sure of it. Later that day she went in to hospice care and passed away 4 days later. December 6th I was on my way to go see her. I had just gotten off expressway and was less than 5 minutes from the hospital when my brother called to tell me she passed. Her funeral and burial was December 11th. It has been very difficult. Sorry if I made some have tears flow. I am crying as I type this. I will continue my weight loss journey for my Beautiful Mother Patricia. She was my biggest cheerleader she cheered me on for every pound loss. My mom was the weight I am now, but she was on 5ft 2in. So it held more around her abdomen and she always struggled with weight loss and gains. They said her blood pressure caused this. I will succeed for My Mother.

Sorry this message started out on a good note and the became sad. I hope everyone grabs a hold of your families and give them giant hugs and not let go. We never know what tomorrow brings. Thanksgiving morning she was talking to me on the phone and was happy and in a good mood. Things change in a second. Thank you all for being a friend. Happy Holiday / Merry Christmas to all.

MarinaGirl
on 12/22/17 7:00 am

Congrats on your weight loss thus far! I'm so sorry for your loss. My heart aches for you. This is a tough time of year to lose your mother.

I am going through something similar. My stepmom passed away a couple of weeks ago after being on home hospice care for the last 4 months, and being bed-bound for the last 1.5 years; she had end-stage dementia. We're having the funeral next week and I'm at my Dad's helping plan everything and caring for him as he's in early Alzheimer's himself and still recovering from strokes and seizure this past summer. I live out-of-state so that adds an extra level of difficulty.

My diet hasn't been as clean as I'd like lately but I'm still maintaining my (under) goal weight. Do the best you can with your diet and be kind to yourself if yours is not ideal. I'm sure your mom is proud of your commitment to lose weight and keep it off long term so you don't suffer the same health challenges she did. You can get through this tough holiday as can I. Hugs & prayers my OH friend.

dorothy1110
on 12/22/17 8:41 am
RNY on 09/06/17

Thank you MarinaGirl. I am so sorry to hear of your Step moms passing. It's not easy. Prayers for strength. Prayers that you can care for your father also. Merry Christmas.

Emiepie
on 12/22/17 7:12 am
RNY on 08/11/14

So very sorry to hear of your moms passing. I am glad you will continue this fight in her honor.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

dorothy1110
on 12/22/17 8:43 am
RNY on 09/06/17

Thank You Emiepie. I would do anything for my mom, especially do this to Honor Her. Merry Christmas.

Laura in Texas
on 12/22/17 7:36 am

I am so sorry for your loss. My father died Thanksgiving week in 2002. Thanksgiving is still a tough time for me.

Please continue to take care of yourself. Your mother would want you to.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

dorothy1110
on 12/22/17 8:46 am
RNY on 09/06/17

Thank You Laura. Thanksgiving was not easy for us either Lost my father-in-law 4 years ago that week. I am trying to do my best. I know when I was going back and forth from the hospital I forgot to eat and drink enough water. Merry Christmas.

Au_Contraire
on 12/22/17 7:58 am

I'm so very sorry for your loss. I know that you love your mom very much, and that she loves you right back and is so very proud of you. I'm proud of you too, for your resolve and determination to get and stay healthy for both yourself and in honor of your beautiful mom! Hang in there. (My mom died right before Christmas a few years ago, it still is hard, but gradually I am experiencing less grief, along with a surprisingly stronger sense of connection.). Sending you hugs!

dorothy1110
on 12/22/17 8:51 am
RNY on 09/06/17

Au_Contraire- Thank you for the kind words. I'm sorry you had to loose your mother a few years ago at this time of year. It is not easy. I keep finding myself wanting to call her or looking at gifts for her. I talk to her and tell her I know she is proud of me and I was proud to have her as a mother. I know she is looking down and my family and I. Thank you. Merry Christmas

Au_Contraire
on 12/22/17 2:05 pm

Merry a Christmas to you too Dorothy! May this holy time being comfort and tenderness to you. Xoxox!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 257 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 270 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 315 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 272 views