Need help getting back on track

freshstart2018
on 5/2/19 3:22 pm
RNY on 06/28/18

I had my surgery at the end of June 2018, so about 10 months ago. I haven't lost any weight in the last 3 months. I was 260 before they approved my surgery, had to lose weight prior to surgery. Got down to 228 the day of surgery and I have been at 189 for past 3 months. I eat things I shouldn't, I don't log my food and I know I'm not drinking enough water and I need to exercise more. I really seemed to lose my motivation over the winter.

I'd like to get to 170 or 175. I know that is probably more than what the charts say I should weigh but right now I am in a 12 in dress pants, and either a 12 or 14 in jeans, depends on the brand/cut. I'm 5' 7". Was 5' 8" in my younger days (59 now)

How do you get back on track?

Sheila_H
on 5/2/19 9:33 pm - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Seems like you know what to do.

I eat things I shouldn't - stick with dense protein

I don't log my food - get on it and log. Keep track so you know where you are going wrong

I know I'm not drinking enough water - aim for at least 80 oz

I need to exercise more - you said it.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

freshstart2018
on 5/3/19 2:03 pm
RNY on 06/28/18

Good advice. i know exactly what to do but making myself do it is a different story!

bethmal
on 5/3/19 3:45 am
RNY on 12/26/17

No one can motivate you to take care of yourself more than you. Seems like you already know what you aren't doing, what is one thing you can do today to help get you back on track? Focus on that. Let that be your goal. I wish you much success, but it has to start with you!

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

freshstart2018
on 5/3/19 2:04 pm
RNY on 06/28/18

Thank You!

kairosgrammy
on 5/3/19 6:42 am
RNY on 10/17/17

You know what to do. You listed everything you are doing wrong so eat clean, track, meal prep and plan and exercise. Only you can motivate yourself. I read an article in Obesity Helps newletter and it was very insightful to me. We think we should be motivated and then do something when in actuality, motivation comes from doing. When you were following the program and steadily losing weight, how did you feel? Based on my experience, I'm assuming, like all of us, proud, happy, joyful, ready to see more results.

So basically, do what you know you should do. Only you can do that. Figure out why you wanted to lose weight. Talk to a counselor, immerse yourself in OH forums. Post on the menu thread every day, that will help hold you accountable. Find an accountabiity buddy. Being successful should be motivating, if you wait for motivation, you won't be successful because you will never do what you need to do. You are still pretty early out but if you continue down the road, eventually, it won't be an issue of not losing, it will be an issue of regain because with time, you'll be able to eat more.

This is all your choice. You aren't a robot and your "urges" are just that, "urges". Wait a while, do you still want the trigger food? Journal, how do you feel, is there something going on that makes you want to eat. Are you hungry when these "urges" hit? If you are, any food will fill that need but if it's an urge, you will want a specific food,

Do I always want to exercise? No, I don't but when that happens, I do it anyway. I set a goal, 5 workouts a week, 10 to 15000 steps a day, strength twice a week. I know on those days that I don't feel like it, when I'm done, I'll be glad I did. Do I always want to eat clean? No, sometimes I want pizza but I know I'll feel like crap after I give in to the pizza so I eat something else that will make me feel good. Will I be 100% spot on? No, but I am 95 to 98% spot on, all the time. So do what you need to do. The rest will follow.

Surgeon: Dr. David Carroll Surgery Date: 3/17/2017 Hospital: Merritt Health River Oaks Hospital

Height: 5'2" HW: 331 lbs SW: 279 lbs GW: 130 (originally, I changed to 140) CW: 130 to 135 ish

Biggest Goal: To Be Healthy in everything I do!!! To make healthy choices always!!! To just embrace HEALTH each and every day for the rest of my Life!!!

freshstart2018
on 5/3/19 2:08 pm
RNY on 06/28/18

I'll have to check out the menu thread. All very good advice. I will keep re-reading your reply.

Thank You

freshstart2018
on 5/3/19 2:11 pm
RNY on 06/28/18

Where is this menu thread? I'm not finding it.

Thanks

Mary Gee
on 5/3/19 5:00 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

The RNY menu thread is in the RNY forum where you posted....generally entitled "What are you Eating Today?" or something similar. On Friday it's Photo Friday Menu.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

freshstart2018
on 5/14/19 2:09 pm
RNY on 06/28/18

Thank you!

Most Active
Recent Topics