What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Greateight
on 4/26/24 8:27 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Well, to this point all I have done is talk. We will see how it goes.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Amy Liz
on 4/26/24 5:30 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ The broom is cool and those cookies are adorable! Happy to hear everything went smooth last night. I had a good day yesterday and was able to complete my reports early this month - yay! Today I have a lot of little things to take care of and an audit exit meeting on this short work day. After work I am meeting an old friend for lunch, grocery shopping and heading home. Along with golf and hiking and maybe pickleball if I'm feeling adventurous, all I really want to do this weekend is nest.

QOTD - No podcasts or films, but I'm reading 3 things right now - I just started Table for Two - Towles, in the middle of The Breakaway - Weiner (loving this one), and re-reading Your Money or Your Life. Still watching Shogun and waiting for new seasons of my favorite shows to return.

Accountability - perfect. 178.0. W2, D5 done! Two solid weeks of treadmill every weekday and I still can't believe it. I've decided that next week I'm bumping it up to 30 minutes minimum - I'm there.

B- coffee, yogurt, granola

l - TBD

D-breakfast burritos

s- jerky

Have a great day

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Mkess
on 4/26/24 5:37 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and Happy Freedom Friday,

Isn't America a great place to live, due to our freedoms? I know the first amendment has come into discussion lately with the college protests in support of Palestine. I am in awe that we even get to have that conversation. It is easy to see that in other countries, like Russia, that your opinion and support can result in death, such as Alexei Navalny. USA, USA, USA!

It should be an emotional weekend. My brother is coming into town and our entire family is spending Sunday remembering my father's death a year ago. We'll unveil his memorial plague, have a gravesite quick service, and a luncheon to follow. I can't believe it's been a year.

QOTD- I'm currently reading Complex PTSD: From Surviving to Thriving. It's an authority on C-PTSD, which I was unfamiliar with before last fall. Really interesting stuff.

B: 1/2 bagel and lox. Dannon Light and Fit Coconut Yogurt.

L: Pork neck ragu over spaghetti squash.

D: Pizza party to celebrate a friend and my 5 year anniversary. We have known each other 10 years and stopped drinking 5 years ago within a day of each other. We root each other on this time of year but have been there for the other in good times and bad.

Pics- #1 Black Crowes Aragon Theater 4.19.24, #2, 3 After / Before Pics from last week at lunch and 6 years ago at a concert with a couple good friends. #4 Chicago's Public Schools have failed us. Read the note.

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 248 Surgery: 8/9/21

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

Emiepie
on 4/26/24 6:02 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I know it'll be emotional but it will also be good to be with others to remember your dad.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Sheila_H
on 4/26/24 7:58 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Matt, you are shrinking! What a difference!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Mkess
on 4/27/24 11:16 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Thanks

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 248 Surgery: 8/9/21

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

White Dove
on 4/26/24 8:19 am - Warren, OH

Because of the Vietnam era, I knew people with PTSD. Some of them recovered and did fairly well in spite of the nightmares that I believe never will go away. I do know it is important to have contact with others. I have known some that became virtual hermits. One that I am thinking of in particular found a wonderful woman and they were very happy until she passed away. She had incredible patience and wisdom and loved him deeply.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Emiepie
on 4/26/24 5:55 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning and Friyay finally. Your broom looks amazing and of course the cookies do too. I ended up having a full work day since my dr appt for postponed (my dr was out sick) so I got through one project I had in the works. I wouldn't be mad if my boss gave me the afternoon off today.... Plans for the weekend include a little furniture shopping. We recently put up a projector screen up in game room and need a few new chairs for in there. Not much else planned but I should get to spend some time with Em depending on her work schedule.

QOTD: Nothing new, occasionally we find a good docuseries to binge over the weekend.

TSS: 9 years 8 months

B: SF latte, Fiber/protein oatmeal, turkey sausage, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, carrots, light and fit yogurt and some fruit

S: Protein puffs, a piece of fruit and yogurt

D: I'm thinking we should grab something on the way home

ES: yogurt and toast

E: Treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: TBD

Have a great day!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Sheila_H
on 4/26/24 6:36 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

Phew, it's finally Friday!

JB - very glad to hear the gathering went smoothly. I am getting more and more worried for my kids getting caught up in the demonstrations, on one side or the other.

Weekend plans are low key due to DH still working like a madman. He is at the end of his rope and not in a good mood. Add to that the waves haven't been good and he can't get all his pent up energy out surfing and I have a very grumpy husband on my hands.

Grim, remember we talked about Pringles and Toblerone before I left? I am here reporting back: pringles of that size I couldn't find, I wasn't even able to find regular size Pringles. Take a look at the huge Toblerones I was telling you about. Flavor of the month was very disappointing, why would they go and ruin a good chocolate with raisins? Yuck! I also saw huge size of mentos.

QOTD: finished Holly by S King. It's a 4 series book and I really enjoyed it. Against some friends advice I read Yellow face, yup shouldn't have read it. Another book I finished that was very hyped up but left me meh was First lie wins. Apeirogon is a book about current conflicts between Israel and Palestine, the story is told by two men from the two sides and it's very informative. I needed a lighter book after Apeirogon and stumbled upon this light detective series and it's OK (at least the first book) called Finley Donovan is killing it. It's light and funny but also whodunnit genre.

My meals yesterday:

• Coffee
  • Tuna and hb eggs
  • 1 Oreo churro cookie, cold cuts and cheese, 1/2 Barebells bar
  • Protein style buffalo chicken
  • E: 5 miles wog

Happy Fri-yay!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Amy Liz
on 4/26/24 7:22 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I love Holly so much and all the books with her in them too! So many people told me they didn't like Holly, though I'm not sure they read the Mr. Mercedes trilogy first which is really important. There is another SK with Holly - The Outsider - also very good if you haven't read that one.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Most Active
Recent Topics