What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Au_Contraire
on 4/26/24 11:59 am, edited 4/26/24 7:50 am

Hello my RnY friends! It?s been a while since I said hello, but I do think of you all frequently, and hope you are well. I?m hanging in there!

I had my RnY 7 years ago come June, and have maintained my loss well. But over the past year or so, I gained a good 10 pounds, well up into the 130?s. I started seriously addressing this 2.5 weeks ago when I tried on a new dress I?d bought for my nephew?s summer wedding. I bought it at Macy?s online, in my regular size 2. But rather than looking as well bred and elegant as the model in that dress, I found myself looking ridiculously bombshell curvaceous, which I haven?t looked in forever. It?s kind of fun to look like I?m wearing a tight Madmen wiggle dress, but this was over the top! Curvy is one thing, but the dress looked too small, and I?ll be damned if I was going to return it for a bigger size. So I started weighing and logging my intake again on MFP. Plus I try not to eat before noon (though I have coffee), and switch to just herbal tea after 6. Anyway it?s working! Gradually my weight is going down in steps - I?ll lose two, gain one, lose another two, etc. The overall trajectory is downwards, and that makes me happy! I?ll post a photo of the dress on the model here but that?s definitely not how it looked on me! I hope I still look curvy in it at the end, but not like a stuffed sausage!

I have always had a wicked sweet tooth. A couple of weeks ago, my craving was strong. I had to buy groceries, and found myself having to (successfully!) resist browsing the candy aisle. But next I found myself in the baking aisle, holding (and fondly caressing!) a bag of incredibly attractive chocolate chips. ?130 calories? read the nutritional info on the back of the bag, and I though to myself ?Hey! Not too bad!?. But then I read the small print, only to discover that there were twenty-two 130-calorie servings in the bag! 22! Which I have the ability to down in 2-3 days! Anyway, I actually love that - knowing that anytime I am battling a craving in the store and need dissuading, all I have to do is shock myself out of a bad decision by reading the full calorie count.

QOTD: read a number of papers daily, plus the New Yorker and The Atlantic. Most of the podcasts I listen to are political, but I frequently feel both the importance of staying informed along with feeling unhappy and overburdened by this information diet. Then I unplug and go for a walk, and pay attention to our incredibly beautiful world! I?m old-school reading Love in a Cold Climate, by Nancy Mitford. Funny and light, an antidote to always having to be tuned into what is upsetting in today?s world. I view this as medicinal. Same goes for me rewatching Ted Lasso!

My two Siamese kittens are a bit over 18 months old, just a couple of weeks younger than my little grandson Charlie. All are thriving and lots of fun!

Food today:

coffee w/ almond milk

tilapia

unsweetened 0% Fage yogurt

A handful of walnuts

tuna

broccoli

herbal tea

Wishing every one of you success, good health, and much happiness!

love to you,

Cara

P.S., I?m having trouble uploading photos - the site is extremely laggy. But I will get them up!

Teenie
on 4/26/24 1:07 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

The site has been wonky for the last couple months. So glad you stopped in. Wishing you the best of luck in this part of your journey. That dress will be fitting perfectly in no time.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Au_Contraire
on 4/26/24 1:09 pm

Thank you Teenie!

Most Active
Recent Topics