Sunday-funday! What's on your menu today?

Amy Liz
on 5/5/24 6:22 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Happy Cinco De Mayo! I keep saying Cinco de May-o lately due to the mayo love/hate on here, haha. Late wake up for me today of 5:30! Even our cat was quiet this morning. Yesterday was lovely, except for the divorce we almost got while trying to connect the new internet router properly. None of our horses won, but it was a fun day and the food was the best! I'd rather have leftovers, not tacos today! But we have people coming over. It's a shame really because I leave for a conference tomorrow for the week so bye-bye leftovers. Today we have people coming over mid afternoon for tacos and games, it will be a lot of fun.

QOTD - How is your journey going? Are you where you want to be? What are you doing well and what could you do better?

My journey is going slow for me, but in a healthy way. I'm not at goal yet, but I'm getting there. I think my relationship with food has improved and helped me in ways I would never have guessed to find peace such as no restriction - all foods can fit. I'm doing well with daily food goals. I still overeat occasionally and I think that is normal. I would love to be a regular exerciser - not negotiable - and actually enjoy it everyday. That is my goal - to find things I love to do or fall in love with something - like weight lifting.

Accountability - 179.2 today, was careful but enjoyed my day for sure. I couldn't stop eating my amazing coleslaw, but how bad can that be?

B- coffee, eggbeater veggie scramble

l/d - tacos, black bean, chips and salsa

s - leftover coleslaw and potato salad

Have a wonderful Sunday!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

White Dove
on 5/5/24 6:52 am - Warren, OH

I firmly believe that the secret is to eat any food you want but be aware of how much of it you eat. I spent so many years limiting fat, then carbs, and always guilty if I ate something like cake or candy. Now I eat anything and never have any cravings and my weight stays exactly where I want it.

I do make meat my main portion of my plate and try to finish that even if I don't eat the veggies, rice or potatoes. I love the water and have done water aerobics since my early 20's. I can do so much exercise in the water and almost never have any kind of pain afterwards like I would if I exercised hard on land. It was bothering my knees at one point, but I found good water shoes took care of that.

I am a person for whom cilantro has a bad taste so rarely eat Mexican foods. If I make my own I substitute parsley for my portion.

Many years ago there was a ship going from Italy to America and it was loaded with salad dressings. There was a terrible storm and the ship sank. It is forever remembered as Sinko the Mayo.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Amy Liz
on 5/5/24 8:59 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Not that long ago, I could not wrap my head around all food in moderation. Food was all good or bad, period. Once you took one bite of one bad food, you may as well eat it all cuz there was no recovering from that one bite. And since you've already blown it, you may as well keep going to the next bad thing because your diet starts again tomorrow. I don't have any foods haunting me anymore, just choices to make whatever I want, fit. It's very freeing.

White Dove
on 5/5/24 9:04 am - Warren, OH

I went through the same things and so does almost everyone else who struggles with weight. I try to share being free with others, but it is hard to get through those guilt induced notions that get imbedded in us. My sister tells me she cannot have candy in her house because she would have to eat all of it. I am so glad that you are feeling free from that and never let yourself go back to the old guilt and cravings.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Amy Liz
on 5/5/24 10:40 am
RNY on 11/21/16

SO deeply imbedded and very hard to change. I still get twinges of guilt, but they are less and less as I make things fit or move on instead of obsessing.

catwoman7
on 5/5/24 3:19 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

LOL - that pretty much sums up a huge chunk of my life!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Lisa91941
on 5/5/24 7:36 am
RNY on 10/29/19

I'd be freezing all the good leftover in single portion sizes and be grab and go for lunches when you get back home! Or add an egg and they'd be breakfast!

Amy Liz
on 5/5/24 8:52 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Yes - and done!

Lisa91941
on 5/5/24 7:53 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! I love waking up and having coffee on a rainy morning. But soon I'll be saying Rain, rain go away as I have a walk I'd like to fit into today. We had a lovely low key day yesterday and it included a new grocery store trip with the neighbors. We have a very Hispanic grocery store near us and I've never been, but have had some of their meats at the friends. I was intimidated because I was concerned about language barriers. So our Spanish speaking neighbor took us all and helped us order. I learned that I would have been just fine on my own, that their store was amazing and that I can't wait to go back. Amy, we are going for items for a great meal when you are able to visit. You and Rob are going to be drooling! Fresh hot tortillas right off the plancha, carnitas, frijoles, every version of salsa you can think of. Oh so good! Dinner last night was one of those rare occasions when I was ruing the day I had surgery. My mouth wanted more, more, more and my belly said No F'ing way. (Yay for the belly winning.)

QoTD: My journey is mostly in a good place. I would like to drop- 4-7 pounds to keep me in my preferred target range. I mostly allow myself to eat anything I want, but I watch portion sizes like a hawk. And my workout routine is ever evolving. I just keep trying to meet my 30 minute per day goal and some weeks I am more successful than others. I'm learning to mix things up and I'm super proud of my little baby "muskels" that I have earned. Some days are a complete fail on all accounts in the food/drink/exercise departments, but I always get up the next morning and get back to it. On the flip side, with today still to happen, I've clocked over seven hours of exercise this week.

bites today. I have so many options!

B: the last of the chicken and burrata with an egg.

L: more pork carnitas, frijoles and guac. I just make a little pile, no desire to take up room with a tortilla.

D: Again, lots of options. I think we are going to finally eat the TJ's sweet corn and burrata ravioli in a vegan pesto sauce with a chicken sausage link.

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Amy Liz
on 5/5/24 8:51 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Consistency over perfection - always! You are doing great and are so committed! I am drooling over your Mexican market! I think we have something like that here, but probably nowhere near as good. Can't wait!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 68 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 294 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 300 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 340 views