Coach of a very special wife!!!

Ira Sansolo
on 5/15/08 4:54 am - Winter Haven, FL
First let me introduce myself, I am the husband/cheerleader of Melcha (I know her as my Melissa). She had her surgery on November 27, 2007. Since I met her she was morbidly obese. She told me that she wanted to loose weight and that for the last 3 years she had been going to seminars about weight loss surgery. I told her that I would be 500% supportive and do everything I could to help her and work with her. We attended a seminar about 18 months ago together and after I heard the statistic that for every year you live morbidly obese, you take 5 years off your life, my mind was made up that this surgery was going to happened and happen now. I married Melissa 8 years after loosing my first wife to cancer and I was not going to loose this beautiful loving, caring special lady. She contacted the insurance company found out what needed to be done and I made all of her appointments. Our PCP, The Dietician, The Psychologist and I went with her to each and every one of them. When she started on her Optifast I stood next to her from day one and watched as cooked Thanksgiving Dinner for 8 people without eating one thing. I coached her through the remaining 2 weeks until the surgery and have been there ever since. I watched her cry when she walked out of the fitting room at the Avenue wearing a size 24 jeans 4 months after surgery down from a 34. I have watched her stop taking all her medications. Walk without pain in her leg. Move the car seat forward, tilt the wheel down, not need a seat belt extender. This has been the greatest thing I have every seen in my entire life. I listened to her become a Support Group Leader for OH and I will be working to become a group leader shortly. She has her first official meeting on May 20 and she is really excited. I love being her husband, coach and cheerleader, it's a long road ahead, and no one said it would be easy for her, but I will be there for her always.
flmomof3boys
on 5/25/08 11:14 am - Jacksonville, FL
Ira, I commend you for being so supportive for your wife. She is blessed to have you by her side! Tonya
Most Active
Recent Topics
TESTING
DonaldDuck · 0 replies · 5286 views
Support for Non-Surgical Members
Cathy W. · 0 replies · 5966 views
Not a lot of support happening here.
JLS_NJ · 2 replies · 7164 views
No One posts here...
luvmyhubby55 · 1 replies · 6911 views
help needed
konieckursu · 0 replies · 6944 views