Question for men

belladreamer25
on 11/28/08 6:15 am
ok so I just wanted a mans opinion on this. I'm sitting in my hotel room on vacation really upset right now. My husband just always seems really inconsiderate to me. For example today we were at the checkout at a store and my hand was sitting on the counter, the clerk drops a bag with about 300 cd's down onto my hand. It really hurt, my husbands reply as we were coming out of the store was "well, you shouldnt have had your hand on the counter"--- he says stuff like this all the time. Is it too much to ask for him to feel even a little bad for me? Are all guys like this and I'm just expecting too much?
(deactivated member)
on 12/9/08 11:01 am - Omaha, NE
I would have been a little pissed off at the clerk especially if the clerk did not apologize.  I would have made sure that you were all right and once a little time had passed would have worked with you to laugh it off as a goofy thing that even I have done.  Sounds like there are some issues that may be there between you two and you both should attempt to talk about it so that you have a better understanding of your relationship.  If he does this all the time and beating down your esteem and confidence, you may want to think of other options for yourself.
IndyBigD
on 8/4/09 12:18 pm
Well I may be a softy but I cannot stand to see anything happen to anyone and I am the first one asking if they are all right. I was driving down the street 2 days ago and someone fell off a bicycle, they got right up but I had to roll down the window and ask if they were ok.

Don't get me wrong, I spent 20 years in the military teaching kids to be tough, but there is a difference between gutting it out and getting hurt. If someone doesn't realize this then they need to be taught the difference.

The biggest problem with relationships is giving people tests without allowing them to study for them. You are getting upset about this but have you sat down and talked to him (when you are not upset) about your expectations in this area?

I learned from my first ex about the unexpected pop quiz that I always failed. Be nice if she would have told me what her expectations were in advance.

On my current marriage of over 20 years we communicate and let each other know what bothers us. This have worked much better.

Keep your chin up, this is the human condition.

Heaviest 327/Day Before Surgery 307/Current 251/Surgeon Goal 200/My Goal 180       

Most Active
Recent Topics
TESTING
DonaldDuck · 0 replies · 5286 views
Support for Non-Surgical Members
Cathy W. · 0 replies · 5966 views
Not a lot of support happening here.
JLS_NJ · 2 replies · 7164 views
No One posts here...
luvmyhubby55 · 1 replies · 6911 views
help needed
konieckursu · 0 replies · 6944 views