1 month surgiversary - Gained 2 pounds?!

Mrs.Ward789
on 4/9/11 3:26 am

Today is 1 month from my VSG and I have been feeling good so far.  I came back to work Thursday and now this is my third 12 hour shift in a row and man am I tired.  My right side pain is annoying still and I think it's just me building my endurance up again. 

The thing that's ******g me off though is that I went to soft foods 1 week ago and now have gained 2 pounds, how the crap does that happen?  I am not hardly eating compared to what I used to.  I have 2 oz of cheese, 3 oz of fish, and a protein drink.  All day, that's it.  Nothing else.  I haven't cheated. 

Is this considered a stall because seriously.....gaining weight is not cool.

Highest Weight: 285 Surgery Weight: 270 Current Weight: 226 Goal Weight: 145
smilinmomof3
on 4/9/11 3:33 am - MI
Are you getting all of your liquids in?? 64+ oz. a day.. You need to be flushing out the fat you are loosing. And my only other advise is: stay off the scale. Our bodies flucuate some much - That getting on the scale all the time can be just a frustrating experience.
                                      WHOOO BABY - I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!

Mrs.Ward789
on 4/9/11 3:43 am
No, I am just now getting to 32 oz of water and I do intake more fluid but it's not pure water, like I had 4 oz of juice, 14 oz of my protein shake, and 8 oz of crystal light.  But my goal is to get to 64 oz of fluid combined as soon as I can, I just don't feel like I can.  I also feel "stopped up" like I need to take a liquid laxative or something. 

smilinmomof3
on 4/9/11 3:47 am - MI
you can help that stopped up feeling by adding a serving or two of Benefiber to your protein shakes or juices.

WHOOO BABY - I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!

canonico
on 4/9/11 3:52 am - WA
 Could it be getting close to that time of the month? Maybe water weight? Also if you feel a little stoped up you might want to increase your fiber. Maybe take some suppliments. Costco has gummy fibers they are good. I have heard people talk about MOM to use to help get things going. 

You have lost over 30 pounds in 1 month that is GREAT!!! Dont sweat the little stuff.  Just keep doing what you are doing. And drink I mean sip....sip....sip.

MrsClaus09
on 4/9/11 3:54 am

Sounds to me like your body is hanging on to everything you take in for dear life!  I think you need to eat (and drink!) more.  I'm a week behind you and I'm eating much more than that.  My problem is that I don't drink nearly enough.  I should be taking in about 64oz a day...I'm lucky if I take in half of that.

Good luck - remember, slow and steady wins the race.  Increase your intake and I think you'll start losing again.

My journey:   http://abowlfullofjelly.blogspot.com/ w/ March 2011 Sleevers List
"Sleeve Santa Sleeve!"

HW: 309 ~ PreOpW: 306 ~ SW: 293 ~ CW: 184  
mlssadwn
on 4/9/11 3:57 am - Red Bluff, CA
I am a little further out than you and for the last two weeks the scale hasnt moved (at least not downward) since yesterday :) not sure if its a stall because I am losing inches and my surgeon (saw him Thur) said its perfectly normal for the body to stall at times. Just keep following your program and it will come off. My plan isnt strict like some others and I am losing again :) frustrating as hell but in time looking back it will seem like a breeze.
 Height 5'8" Highest Weight - 245 Surgery Weight - 220 Goal Weight - 150-160 Current Weight - 155 

Mrs.Ward789
on 4/9/11 4:02 am
Ok thank you all so much.  I haven't had much space in my tummy for things because my NUT told me I only get 1 oz at a time and I have to eat that over 1 hour so I've been lucky to eat all that anyway.  I tried yesterday to eat more and I was able to my whole lunch (2 1/2 oz of fish) and I wasn't uncomfortable.  It felt better to eat more, does that sound right? 

In answering questions....no not close to that time (just had it though).  I did the math and I am getting about 46 oz of fluid a day so I am gonna try really hard to up that and get to 64 today.  I am at about 32 oz so far today, half way---I can do this. 

This is the first day I have felt like crap too, out of all the experiences thus far, today I feel like crap.  Nice.

Thanks for all the pointers guys.  :-)

MrsClaus09
on 4/9/11 4:10 am
Well, JMO but I sure think that sounds right!  It's 2:00 here and I've already had the following:
1 egg
1 tbsp shredded cheese
1 slice bacon
2 oz tuna
1 tbsp light mayo
1 tsp celery
1 slice american cheese

Now, liquids?  Well, that's another story.  But, I know what I need to do!  Sounds like you're on the right track -- I would increase your intake to what you're comfortable with.  Good luck!
My journey:   http://abowlfullofjelly.blogspot.com/ w/ March 2011 Sleevers List
"Sleeve Santa Sleeve!"

HW: 309 ~ PreOpW: 306 ~ SW: 293 ~ CW: 184  
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 136 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 395 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views