I am NEVER hungry

luvkisses4k
on 4/12/11 1:19 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
VSG on 12/21/10 with
I'm never hungry anymore and I crave almost nothing.  I crave a cupcake every so often.  But food doesn't even sound good anymore.  It's more of a pain to figure out what I want to eat since I don't really care anymore...

Am I the one that is like this or has anyone else been thru this too?

queen R.
on 4/12/11 1:20 pm - enid, OK
I hope I'm as fortunate.  Surgery on May 24th.
teetee126
on 4/12/11 1:23 pm
Idk..this sounds good to me. I am almost 2 weeks post op and I am never full!  Always waiting for the next small meal.  So count it as a blessing!

ashley1197
on 4/12/11 3:29 pm
 I wish OH had "like" buttons like on facebook! Hahaha! (:
☮ & ♥

cabcab
on 4/12/11 1:23 pm
VSG on 01/06/11 with
Most of the time I don't feel any hunger.  The weird thing is that sometimes when I eat, after it's been a while, I will notice that I eat really vigorously.  Like before when I was ravenously hungry.  So I guess the part of me that wants food is still in there!
    HW: 335.  SW: 318.  CW: 161.0.  Height 5'8.  Age 43.

bursonc
on 4/12/11 1:24 pm
Looking forward to seeing the replies to this.  I have been reading several posts in the past few days that are in reference to being hungry and wanting to eat.  
This has me confused.
I was under the impression that the sleeve does away with that "hunger" issue due to the removal of the grehlin (sp??) hormone.

This leads me to wonder... is it true hunger or head hunger?
Just want to know what to expect when I have my surgery. 

Do you miss being hungry?

Thanks for the question and info.
Katester
on 4/12/11 10:57 pm
Some people say they never lost their hunger. I did...7 months post op and I have head hunger. I (think I know) it's head hunger becuase I can drink some water and it will go away. I also "get hungry" when I see a food commercial, if I change the channel it goes away within seconds, if someone is cookiing and I can smell it-I'm "hungry" but as soon as the smell is gone I'm back to normal--that sounds like head hunger to me. I do not get physicaly hungry anymore. If I go all day without eating, around 2 or 3:00 I am cranky, moody and mean. Boyfriend says "go eat something"...that's the only way I know-my mood changes now. Hopefully it will stay like this--constant hunger was 90% of the reason I was 277 lbs...thanks to the sleeve, I am now 171 lbs
(deactivated member)
on 4/12/11 11:01 pm - GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
I never lost my hunger.  Definitely its not the same ravenous raging hunger as before, but its definitely not *gone,* I dont *have* to remind myself to eat and its not head hunger.

The ghrelin isnt ALL gone.  its created elsewhere in your body,  not just in the part of the stomach that was removed.  *What* you eat, depending on the person can make a difference in their hunger levels too.  Me?  When I eat dense protein, I dont start hungry until about 3 hours after my meal.  If I eat meat WITH other things, I get hungry faster, if I eat carbs, or God Forbid start my day with carbs alone?  I am a pit the rest of the day, but some folks can tolerate them, so - its definitely a learning thing, and there is definitely a learning curve, not everyone responds the same, and you dont even respond the same every day!
KikiRox85
on 4/12/11 1:24 pm - CA
Me too. Food smells good but I don't want to eat it. In the mornings when I wake up my stomach growls (or meows for tiny tummies)but I'm just not craving or wanting anything. I feel its a Godsend becuz before I was TERRIBLE. I was ALWAYS hungry even after I ate.

Elaine2
on 4/12/11 1:30 pm, edited 4/12/11 1:32 pm - Atlanta, GA
Yes...but that doesn't mean I don't want to eat.
I just responded to another post that I think I missed the hunger and full gene...even prior to surgery I never ate due to hunger but on the other hand no matter how much I ate (and it was great quantities) I was never full.
Since surgery I still haven't felt hunger but I have approached an uncomfortable feeling which I assume is full. I just try not to take it that far.

However, everyday I fight the urge to have some or any of that old stuff that made me super-duper obese. I've done well avoiding those items but still have such a long way to go.
I wish those feelings would diminish.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 80 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 293 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 344 views