Major Complications

SisterBigBone
on 4/21/11 7:54 am - Bronx, NY
Hi guys,

It's been awhile since I've been on here. I've gone through alot in the past two weeks. I had my sleeve on 3/28, and I thought everything was gonna be okay, and then the complications arrived. I had uncontrollable pain that I related to gas and constipation, and it turned out that I developed a clot that started in one of my abdominal veins and ended up in my portal vein in my liver.

I ended up in the hospital for 8 days, and it was tortured. I'm home now, and I'm withdrawing from all the Dilaudid I received in the hospital. It's torture. I'm just taking it one day at a time. I now will have to be on blood thinners for maybe up to a year. This situation has really taken its toll on my body and my spirit. I just hope in the end I did the right thing.

Susan M.
on 4/21/11 7:56 am
 Oh Sister, I'm so sorry you have had such a rough time. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Monica W.
on 4/21/11 8:01 am - TX
I am so sorry you are enduring all of this. I'm glad you made it through. Best wishes,  you are in my prayers..

sonyagettinghealthy
on 4/21/11 8:07 am - CA
Thats just awful. I'm so sorry you went through all of that. I sure hope you feel better!
BJUpNorth
on 4/21/11 8:15 am, edited 4/21/11 8:16 am - MN

So glad you are finally home and hopefully feeling a little better. I am so sorry that you had to go through all this. You are in my prayers for a uneventful recovery from here on out. Keep your head up and know that your OH family is thinking about you!

Best Wishes,
Brenda

MN_Mama
on 4/21/11 8:17 am
Prayers coming your way for healing and strength.  Wishing you rest and health. 

Happy966
on 4/21/11 8:18 am

That sounds so terrible! I am glad they figured out what was wrong and hope everything goes well from now on.

BuckeyeGirl
on 4/21/11 8:19 am - TN
So sorry to hear about your complications! I hope you are feeling better and better with each day.

Lindsey

Arianasmama
on 4/21/11 8:34 am - Beverly Hills, CA
Keep your head up.  Praying for you
Be Blessed            
didim62
on 4/21/11 8:34 am - Kensington, CT
Sorry that your experiencing this . Hoping your feeling better soon.Take care of yourself.
Didi ..... Sleeved and living my NEW LIFE!!!!

Highest WT 381   Surgery WT (367.8)    Current WT 236
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 444 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 464 views