Changed my goal weight...??

marilynstraitwell
on 5/2/11 5:28 am - Houston, TX
Good afternoon!!!
Let me begin by saying I'm loving my sleeve!!!
I'm down to 176 from 264 (pre-op) & 248 (day of surgery), either way i'm 2 pounds lighter than my heaviest high school weight of 178 ( I remember because I wanted to lose a little before prom & the gym trainer weighed me at 178), that was in 1995 (16 years ago!).....well, MY goal was 160, and that was made at 264, thinking 160 would be attainable, well, now that it's 16 pounds away, i'm getting anxious...Crazy I know!! I feel I should lose more. My doctor does not want me to get as small as the "charts" say, he feels it's unhealthy. He wants me between 140-170. So maybe 150-155 is a good goal?? I don't really know how to come up with this goal number...I want to just be a normal size and shop in a cute store...I'll say 150 for now, but it may change again...

I have some pics coming soon....

Thanks ALL,
enjoy your Monday!!!

KrisJ77
on 5/2/11 5:36 am - TX
YAY!! I am so happy for you! I was thinking of changing mine...I have it as 120, but if I can get to 130 that would be good too!!  I am 5 feet tall so that's why mine is so low. 

FaithForward
on 5/2/11 7:38 am - Houston, TX
How tall are you? Dr. Scarborough set my goal weight at 160 as well.
But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded. ~2 Chronicles 15:7 
LilySlim Weight loss tickers 
5'6" ~ Loving a size 4 ~
Plastics Apr 17th, 2012 with Dr. Sauceda ~ BL, BA, LBL w/ flap aug & mini thigh lift!

marilynstraitwell
on 5/2/11 11:40 am - Houston, TX
Hey FaithForward...I'm a little shy of 5'4"..He said 170 is good, but personally I want it lower..He told me don't go below 140.. How have you been doing?

annie_mo
on 5/2/11 11:43 am - Sullivan, MO
 I asked this same type question on the maintenance board the other day. The good advice I received was to go to the low end of a normal BMI while Im still in the "losing state of mind". Being on the low end of the normal BMI, will allow for some regain if it happens and will still keep you within a normal BMI. Make sense?
Keep up the good work! 

5'5 HW 238 / SW 198 / GW 130 / CW 119....Goal Reached in 8 short months..
zzroged
on 5/2/11 2:22 pm - United Arab Emirates
Hi - in my opinion - you should set a goal at which you feel most comfortable. I've deliberated over this a lot recently and all the way through my journey really. I was never set a goal by my surgeon - I set my own at 155lbs which was at the top of the BMI table for my height 5 foot 7.

But here's the thing - BMI is a very general calculation and doesn't take into account body composition - so may not work for all of us.

I've worked out a lot and have gained muscles, I'm 21% body fat and wearing size 8-10 and the odd 6 depending on cut. This was at 175lbs and a BMI of 26.8 so overweight but looking good.

So I set my goal at 170 lbs as I felt this was right for my frame. When I started my surgery, I must admit that I thought I'd be happy at a size 14 and I've easily achieved that.

So I'm guessing what I'm saying is choose a goal that suits and works for you - BMI is a guide, body composition is a guide - but at the end of the day it should be a goal that you are happy with.

Hope this helps.

PS - since setting my 170lb goal, I've had plastic surgery and am currently at 166lbs so below goal - maybe I'll get to 155lbs after all - but honestly I'm happy at this weight.

Debbie xx
 New Group : UAE_Dubai_Forum for people living in the UAE/Middle East

TT  & Breast Lift Apr 2011 - Inner Thigh Lift & Arm Lift - Jun 2011
      First - 10k Jan 2011 : First - 1/2 Marathon Feb 2011

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 136 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 394 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views