Starbucks??????????????????

gabriella12
on 5/13/11 7:56 am
So I am about 6 weeks out of surgery and everything has gone pretty well up to this point.  I am however, starting to crave starbucks, which was my usual breakfast routine before.  How bad is this?????  I was thinking I could just try a tall light frap????  Am I gonna regret it or can I reward myself just a tincy bit?????? 
KrisJ77
on 5/13/11 8:02 am - TX
I've had a few splurges there - white choc mocha's....can't even drink all of the small one - but I do just fine with it!! 

Kristy R.
on 5/13/11 8:02 am - Santa Clara, CA
 I will give you my take.  I plan on getting to my goal weight first before I start introducing things that are a temptation to me.  Because a small light frap can turn into a bigger not so light.  Since this was a usual thing for you, it might be easy to slip back into habits.  Personally, and I am also 6 weeks out, I don't feel like I am ready to be strong enough to have things that represent years of past temptation to me.  Others will feel different, and we all ARE different.  That is just my thoughts.  
~Kristy~ VSG 3/29/11 ~ 15 pounds lost pre-op, SW - 240/GW - 150

skatie
on 5/13/11 8:17 am - NJ
Go on to dietdirect.com and buy a jar of the Nectar cappucino flavor.  I have it over ice in the summer and hot during the winter. 100 calories in a scoop 0 carbs and 24 g of protein.  Delicious.

Still Fawn
on 5/13/11 8:39 am - SIERRA MADRE, CA
I have had a Starbucks nearly every morning since surgery. If you get skinny, and add a double protein "I" thiink its a perfectly awesome breakfast..

I am still loving life with my sleeve! Been maintaining at or below goal for over 4 years!
"People spend a lifetime searching for happiness; looking for peace. They chase idle dreams, addictions, religions, even other people, hoping to fill the emptiness that plagues them. The irony is the only place they ever needed to search was within."   - Ramona L. Anderson

maggieandrockysmo
mma

on 5/13/11 10:09 am
I agree with whoever said to get the nectar cappuccino... it has replaced my starbucks trip completely... I am 7 weeks out... and I did try a frappuccino one day (hubby showed up home with one as a special treat)... got about half way though and thought for a few minutes I was going to die... and then for a few hours after that just wanted to die... so I wouldn't recommend trying it unless you are really brave... and don't have anything planned for the rest of the day...

just an FYI... I also am pretty sure I have dumping syndrome so that might have been part of it... I've found fruit juices even send me into dumping if I don'****er them down to about 1/4 concentration...
Susan0714
on 5/13/11 11:49 am - Kenner, LA
I have not had my surgery yet, but I know that I can have decaf coffee.. I LOVEEEE Starbucks, and I either get or make it at home from strbucks espresso every morning a skinny latte.. Right now the latte is a regular one with skim milk now, but when I get approved, I can have a decaf latte..

I know tha you said you liked fraps, but, ehat about a decaf latte?  Will your NUT let you have decaf coffee?

Susan
LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Jasonm11
on 5/13/11 12:12 pm
Since surgery, I am satisfied with much less sweet drinks. so what I do, is couple packets of splenda in a pot of coffee and then do 6 ounces decaf, 2 ounces skim milk...plenty sweet to satisfy my sweet tooth and still gets me the coffee I love...then also gets me an extra 8-16 grams of protein throughout the day....try something like this before going back to a fully sweet drink like that maybe...
(deactivated member)
on 5/13/11 2:21 pm - CA
 Girl just get an Ice Coffee with some milk and add some Splenda. Those light fraps still have tons of carbs and sugar.
Momager
on 5/13/11 9:05 pm
I agree with the above post. I LOVE Starbucks and treat myself to a venti decaf with a touch of cream a few times a month. It won't hurt you at all, and it's so satisfying! Enjoy!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 136 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 395 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views