surgery tomorrow

justwillow
on 5/22/11 8:57 am - OR
well i am heading out of town to have my surgery monday morning scared to death, just trying not to think to much about it.  i will post when i get home on wed. and let you all know how it went.

Ann C.
on 5/22/11 9:01 am - GA
WALK!!! IT is ok to be scared!  It will all be fine....we all have lived through your nervousness!  Good luck and ask for liquid phenergan!  It is amazing!

hairdo
on 5/22/11 9:06 am
Good Luck. I'm still doing the pre cert stuff to see if insurance will approve. But I'm nervous and scared too. Everything will be fine
foodlover
on 5/22/11 9:14 am
Best of luck!  you will do great!
SweetiePea
on 5/22/11 9:41 am - IA
Good luck. You'll be just fine. I will be right there with ya!

Keep in touch!
Cathy S.
on 5/22/11 10:05 am - CA
VSG on 05/19/11 with

I was sleeved a few days ago, on 5/19. I was very nervous the day before but once I got into the hospital, I felt strangely calm and peaceful. The hospital will have you filling out forms, changing into your gown, checking your vitals...so you won't have much time to freak out. The nurses had a hard time finding a vein for the IV so they really bruised my hands and wrists...but other than that, everything was good. The last thing I remembered was my husband talking to me as the anesthesiologist put in the IV and then I woke up in my room surrounded by my family...although I couldn't keep my eyes open for very long as I was very sleepy. When I finally woke up, I had severe pain in left shoulder blade from the trapped gas that they pump you with during surgery. I had an instant morphine pump button which helped with the pain but now, 3 days out, I still have sharp gas pains. Only walking lots will help with the gas.

Anyway, I am the biggest chicken...so if I can do this ANYONE can do this! LOL.
You will be just fine...good luck and remember to sip, sip, sip some more, walk, walk, walk some more and rest! Keep us updated!

vjb1952
on 5/22/11 11:06 am - Littlerock, CA
VSG on 03/28/11 with
You're about to receive a great weapon in the war against weight, and then you'll be on the road to better health, so congratulations on your decision to have this surgery.  When you get to the hospital, you'll be busy with the forms & prep, so probably no time to fret too much.  After surgery, follow your doc's instructions, and take good care of yourself.  We'll save you a spot on the Losers' Bench!  Take care and best wishes,  Viv 

vjb1952

Sabrina R.
on 5/22/11 1:23 pm - CA

GOOD LUCK! MINES TOMORROW TOO!  AT 11:45am!!! :) 

justwillow
on 5/25/11 12:45 pm - OR
thanks to all you guys, these replies mean alot to me

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 272 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views