Six months out and feeling charmed

Suane
on 5/29/11 9:42 pm - Livingston County, MI
Today marks six months post op and I feel so charmed to have burned off 80 pounds! I mostly stay within in the confines of my diet but for the past two weeks I have been on vacation and pretty much eating all kinds of junk. I still lost 1.5 pounds! I'm loving this sleeve more every day.

Always the best wishes, Sue 

HW: 261   SW: 248.5   CW: 154  GW: 135     5' 2"

gibgirly
on 5/29/11 10:12 pm
...........thats awesome!   when u say..."staying within the confines of my diet"   what are u eating?  Are u typically able to eat anything u want...just in smaller amounts?
Suane
on 5/29/11 10:22 pm - Livingston County, MI
I can eat pretty much anything I want and yes, smaller amounts. But grazing has always been my downfall and that's what I really have to watch. I do record all of my meals on the Food Log on this site, which helps to keep me aware of what I'm eating and making sure I get all my protiens in too.

Wish you a speedy recovery with your surgery. I hope you have an easy time of it like I did.

CJCC55
on 5/29/11 10:48 pm - Cleveland, TN
Great job!!
Congratulations...

Wishing you all the best, Carol       
count your blessings!!!!   At goal weight.   I am 5 ft 3.    

Gracieteddy
on 5/29/11 10:49 pm - IA
Amazing job!  I would love to knoe what you are eating...

Gracieteddy
on 5/30/11 12:42 am - IA
Duh! I didn't know there was a food log on this site! I use my plate. I will need to check it out....

carabarnes
on 5/29/11 10:50 pm
PICS? PICS! We wanna see them!

Cara 
current weight 123
I'm 28 and 5'5.

Lalamonkey
on 5/29/11 10:55 pm - GA
Yay for you Sue.  So happy for you and the progress you are making.  We need to see some new pictures of you!!!  Congrats on all your hard work.  Also glad to see that you have created balance in your life and allowed yourself to enjoy while on vacation.  Keep rockin it girl!!!!
Bigasiangirl
on 5/29/11 11:25 pm
VSG on 06/01/11 with
  WooHoo!!!  Congratulations for such a great success!  Thanks for posting, I hope to have similar results! 

Suane
on 5/29/11 11:29 pm - Livingston County, MI

Thanks for all the cheers! Love this site for the encouragement.

Breakfast is usually 1/2 cup EggBeaters, 1 oz. fat free feta cooked into an omelet and 4 oz bloody mary mix (I like it spicy). And about 1/2 cup diced melon or strawberries.

Lunch is 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese, low carb yogurt, and 3-4 oz of roasted turkey or chicken. I'm not of fan of deli meats so I roast my own and eat it all the week long.

Dinner is 3-4 oz of turkey or chicken, 1 1/2 cups tossed veggie salad with a light dressing. That's about all that will fit in.

My snacks are lowfat cheese sticks, yogurt, and always, always one pretzel rod at night while kicking back. I drink Crystal Light during the day and water when I remember. I've been known to imbibe in a glass of wine or two also.

I usually don't supplement my proteins with shakes, but when I'm low on daily grams, I will drink a Premier Protein shake. I shoot for 80-90 grams of protein and 800-1000 calories. I was under 700 calories for the longest time and guess what? I didn't lose as much weight as when I upped them. Who knew?

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 392 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 423 views