???

justwillow
on 6/2/11 9:51 am - OR
Today is day ten. I have not lost anything for four days, I have read about the three week stall but apparently mine is a two week stall.  Also I am so hungry for food and kind of sad that I can't eat any and really never will like I will be on a diet the rest of my life.  I just want to eat some regular food not now but sometime in the future you know like regular people.

sleeve genie
on 6/2/11 9:59 am - Alhambra, CA
i too hit the three week stall at two weeks, its just our bodies dealing with the trauma of surgery.  Just keep following the guidelines and you will do great.  At a year out i can eat anything i want, i just try to make healthy food choices.   you will be so glad that yu did this i'm sure :"  congrats on yur surgery ;o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

justwillow
on 6/3/11 1:24 am - OR
thank you.  you  are always so encourging

wildfan
on 6/2/11 10:24 am
I think you will grow to love it in short time. I am just over 7 weeks out, and there is not much I can't eat. of course I can't eat a lot of anything (thank God, this is what I needed), but I can eat most anything I want. I have eaten ground buffalo, turkey, chicken, lots of jerkey, protein bars, cheese, eggs, ham, tacos, bratwurst, hotdogs, pizza (homemade kind that is very low fat and delicious...turkey pepperoni, low fat cheese, spinach, on a whole wheat pita), nuts, lots of fruits and veggies. The only things I've stayed away from so far are popcorn (fear of husks) and corn (ditto).

Be patient, IT WILL GET BETTER!! Good luck!
justwillow
on 6/3/11 1:28 am - OR
 thank you, i am so happy to hear that i can eat something like a taco if i want to.  i will try to eat healthy but if i really want to it is soooooo nice to know that i can have something else

wildfan
on 6/3/11 5:20 am
Being totally honest with you though, it doesn't pay to eat out anymore (if that is what you are talking about).  When I say taco, we make them at home (much healthier than Taco Bell) with ground buffalo or turkey, seasonings, low fat cheese, fat free refried beans, fresh veggies, and some taco sauce.  Taste is great.  Granted, its not Taco Bell, but its damn good, and healthy.  But when I can only eat a total of about 1/2 cup of food, I;d rather eat it at home than hit taco bell for one taco.  LOL

Carmelita
on 6/3/11 6:37 am - Four Corners, NM
Everyone calls it a 3 week stall..cuz its AROUND 3 weeks that is soo common. 
Ain't etched in stone or least Ive never seen it etched in stone, or on the net for that matter.

Just common to us is all. Lots of things common to us VSGrs...but your experience is YOURS!
Individual! Unique to YOU! That's what its ALL about!  This is YOUR STORY!

YEP yer on a diet till the day you cease to live.
EVERYTHING that is ALIVE is on a DIET!!  Diet means FOOD and DRINK REGULARLY CONSUMED, HABITUAL NOURISHMENT USED look it up. 
Termites are on a diet, fish are on a diet, monkeys are on a diet, Im on a diet! It doesn't mean what MAJORITY of us obese peeps/society means...but when I was losing weight..I'd often say to peeps I didn't care about, commenting on my weight loss... "yep..Im on a DIET!!"  I wasn't lying!!, cuz so are they! lol and it gets em off my back about it lol. They understood weight loss and "dieting mentality"...E-Z!

Hunger 10 days out...gosh do I even remember ...yeah ok.  I had it bad somedays! Aside from the SPIT and DON'T SWALLOW (discretely! lol)  in them early days to get past intense cravings, need to CHEW sumthin with texture besides them pedilyte,or SF poscicles and jello......

Ive since learned..that SEEING and SMELLING  FOOD ....are the first steps of DIGESTION!
How so?  It TRIGGERS an increase in enzymes in saliva, and those enzymes increase production of GASTRIC ACID, can mimic hunger just post op to us obese folks. So avoid the Food Network Channel, and Peeps cookin in the kitchen if ya can.  Go in yer room, read, meditate, take a walk, get some fresh air...iow.GET OUT OF THE HOUSE MORE...especially so..during those times!...

SEE if ya can go on a PPI like Prilosec 40mg extended release every am... for a limited time...to help reduce gastric acid. Umm....keep on top of yer protein n fluids (electrolytes)....everytime yer super hungry DRINK instead...yer protein shake is the BEST BET!   ALKALINE based will balance out the acid.  SF flavorers in yer water are ACID...so cut down on that during intense hunger pangs.  Lots of 98% FF Campbells Cream of Chicken soup!! lolol I lived on it just post op! lol

Just when ya think ya cannot SIP one more STINKIN SIP...yer on to MUSHIES phase.....just when ya are cryin and dyin from being HUNGRY and NOT CHEWIN sumthin more dense, with texture...yer on to the SOFT FOODS...and so it goes till yer on yer regular diet...

ITS A RITE OF PASSAGE!....WE ALL GOTTA GO THROUGH n PAST ALL THE PHASES of VSG!
PATIENCE WHIPPERSNAPPER!!...FOLLOW  AS BEST YOU CAN to OPTIMIZE this HONEYMOON PHASE with VSG!!

We'll help ya get THROUGH em all n be ALONG for the ride.......BUT YOU WILL BE DRIVIN THE BUS!! 

Oh yeah ....more speed bumps ahead!!  STALLS n PLATEAUS that is ;-) Heads up!
STALLS n PLATEAUS
http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/carmelita/blog/tag/stalls+ and+plateaus/
justwillow
on 6/3/11 8:52 am - OR
THANKS I HAVEN'T HAD ANY SOUP LOL THAT LONG POST AND I CAME OUT THINKING ABOUT THE SOUP  I THINK THAT YESTERDAY WAS JUST A BAD DAY FOR ME.  THANK YOU FOR THE ENCOURGMENT.

Lina P.
on 6/3/11 6:56 am - Bolton, Canada
We all go through some kind of "loss" after surgery.
It's like losing your best friend. Food. Isn't it? Depressing.

Don't worry. That stage doesn't last forever and soon you won't miss your old friend "food" but you'll focus more on how good you look and feel.

Height: 5 ft - Age: 42
Bougie size: 36 oversewn to 34  
 CW: 135 lbs
Happy in the 130's but... On to my second goal!

justwillow
on 6/3/11 8:54 am - OR
Thank you that is what I think I was feeling was loss.  Thanks for the encouring words:)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 268 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 328 views