New To The Board

Dolphinsrayne
on 6/28/11 12:36 am - MI
Hi Everyone,
I recently had the VSG and a friend told me about this message board and I am so grateful that she did.  Everyone on here is so helpful and it is good to see that others are having some of the same issues as I am so it makes me feel "normal".  I do have a question about going back to work.  I have read that most of you went back at or before 2 weeks.  My 2 weeks is coming up and I am not feeling ready to return to work, I still have ALOT of incision pain and I have a very physical job.  If I had a sit down job I think I would be ok.  Is there anyone out there that had the surgery and needed more than 2 weeks off? 

HW:359  June 1st: 299.5 SW: 276.5     
acbbrown
on 6/28/11 12:42 am - Granada Hills, CA
I took a week off, and tried to go back. I worked a few days, sat for most of the day, but now I'm having to take more time off because I wasn't ready for that. It's much better to just take as much time as you need so you don't put your health in jeopardy. Im a week ahead of you, and I wouldn't be ready to go back to any kind of physically demanding job right now.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Valsdetermined2lose
on 6/28/11 12:46 am
First Congrats on your surgery and Welcome to the boards! If your not feeling ready tp return back to work then i would take off more time if you can,. I had my surgery in January and took 4 weeks off, i have an office job that dont require any lifting but i still wasnt ready to return just after 2 weeks. Not only pain but getting use to your  new lifestyle also matters. Good luck
 HW-267-SW-253-CW-167 I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!

roundater
on 6/28/11 12:46 am - Lincoln, NE
I too 5 weeks off - 4 sick leave and one week of annual that was already scheduled. I feel great right now and could go back except for the lifting restriction of 10 lbs. Sorry you are having pain issues. Mine was only minimal. If it keeps up I would let your surgeon know. Good luck and keep me posted.
Rich Sonderegger

George B.
on 6/28/11 12:57 am - Miami, FL
I returned to work after 2 weeks and did fine. I have a desk job that doesn't require physical lifting.

I was also in the middle of a Master's program and went back to classes a week post-op. This also was not a problem. I felt fine and always carried protein shakes with me.

Prepapre your food and bring it with you to work, walk as much as you can for exercise and drink lot of water.

Good luck,
George

peepster47
on 6/28/11 1:18 am
I thought I would be going back to work in 2 weeks. I also have an office job with no lifting.  My dr, however, wanted me to stay off 4 weeks and I was so glad he did because I'm not sure I would have been able to return after just 2 weeks.    Even after 4 weeks, I was still pretty weak for a week or so, from not eating, of course, and having lost 30 pounds in that first 4 weeks. 

HW   367          SW   335        
Megdrassil
on 6/28/11 1:39 am - MI
I took 2 weeks off.  I think I'm a bit of a freak with super healing powers or something lol.  During surgery, piercings I had for almsot 5 years healed up in the 2 hours it took for them to do the procedure.. and I was up and walking around with no pain meds in 3 days. 

Take as much time as you need!!! Everyone's different, don't do something if it doesn't feel right for your body.  Good luck!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 389 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views