10 months out and stalled - sorry it's a little long

biologygrrrl
on 6/27/11 1:57 pm - Rhinelander, WI
I am 10 months out and in the last 3 months I have only lost 3 pounds. Granted, I'll take that over GAINING 3 pounds, but still. I was afraid that I would get in the 220s and get stuck and here I am. I dread to think that I had surgery just to be a size 22. The carb battle is really dragging me down. My husband has actually gained about 20 pounds since I had the surgery and I swear he is eating more than ever before. I don't feel I have any support at home, hell, even my mother who basically paid for my surgery keeps making pies and desserts for us. Why???

I go to the gym 4 days a week now: Zumba 3x a week, step aerobics 1x a week and weight training 2x a week. I have been following this schedule for a month. Before that I was doing the Zumba classes 2-3x a week since about February, before that was water aerobics. I had hoped that the exercise would right the wrongs, but so far it doesn't seem to be making that much difference.

I guess I'm just here to put it in black and white that I feel like I have really fu*ked up. I'm not asking for anyone to tell me it's OK or that things will get better. I'm not asking for hugs or pats on the back. I probably should be asking for Frisco or Brandi to kick me in the a$$ LOL.  I know it's my fault that I didn't take advantage of the golden weight loss period of the first 6 months and now I'm paying for it. I didn't really think the weight loss would screech to a halt but it did.

I admire everyone on here that really put their nose to the grindstone and were super strict with carbs and always drank the protein shakes and never cheated. I admire those of you that reached goal within a year. I admire those of you who started over 300 pounds and got under 200. You guys are awesome. It just makes me really sad when I realize that my one year anniversary is less than 2 months away and it's highly unlikely I will even get near 200 let alone under it. Carbs were my demon before surgery and I know now they will be forever. I had high hopes for reaching a "normal" weight through surgery but didn't realize how hard it would really be. Now I fear that it's too late. I fear that it's done, 226 is the best I can do. Often I just resolve to live with myself as I am and accept the fact that this is it.

JenniferI'm 5'4" ~ HW: 308   SW: 305   CW: 211   GW: 140     

MediumSoon
on 6/27/11 2:02 pm - TX
It is definitely NOT too late - your tool is still with you. Sounds like you need a serious carb detox to get you jump-started. You CAN do it, but you will have to make sacrifices. You WILL have to give some things up - but I PROMISE it will be worth it!!!

Happy Girl
on 6/27/11 2:15 pm - CA
So sorry to hear you don't have good support at home. Sounds like sabotage by your mother. Maybe you should lay down the law and not let anymore of those yummy things back into the house. It is easier if the tempting stuff isnt around. Good luck! My heart goes out to you.

5'6"
  Dr.  Gregg Jossart  

acbbrown
on 6/27/11 2:20 pm - Granada Hills, CA
You can still keep going. It's not over for you! Track, track, track! Watch your calories, your carbs, your protein. KEEP UP the exercise. You are doing awesome.

I think you should stop, recognize your success. You have lost far more than most people with diet/exercise alone. You have kept it off. Celebrate your success.

Then, set some goals. Figure out what you want, and what you need to get there. And then do it. I would say set goals that are actually obtainable - meeting your protein goals, water goals, carb goals - that way you can celebrate each accomplishment. Don't put all your eggs in the "scale" basket - we can't control that, so don't let that define whether you are successful.

Good luck

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

jengo1971
on 6/27/11 2:33 pm
Girl, you can do this!  I've been on here for a year now and remember (as a pre-op) reading your posts/responses all the time.  Maybe you need to get back on here more often for support? 
It's great that you're working out but from my understanding the eating part is the most important aspect during the losing phase.  Too many carbs/calories/whatever = no loss.
I'm quite sure frisco will chime in and give you some of his "kick in the ass" wisdom.
Hugs..........Jennifer

hi there.  pleased to meet you.  ~jennifer                        
biologygrrrl
on 6/27/11 2:36 pm - Rhinelander, WI
Thanks - I do sometimes lose sight of the fact that I have lost almost 80 pounds. I have never lost that much in my life from dieting. I also need to lay down the law with my family, treats are nice once in awhile but not every week! Lately either my mom or mother-in-law will make a 9x13 pan of some sweet dessert for Sunday dinner, then they will eat one teeny piece and give the rest to us! Then we end up eating it every night for the rest of the week. Ugh!

I want to get back on track. I posted another thread about diet goals. I work much better when I have numbers to guide me. My nut tends to be more vague when it comes to things other than protein grams, though.

JenniferI'm 5'4" ~ HW: 308   SW: 305   CW: 211   GW: 140     

ms_dar
on 6/27/11 8:54 pm - Canada
Take those goodies to work or send them with your hubby, pass them on to neighbours, whatever, but get them out of your house and away from your mouth. I can't handle having that sort of temptation around either so I share lots with others who can handle it better than I.  I agree that a carb detox may be in order for you.  I found that when I was on liquid diet, i wasn't craving as much food but once I have carbs, I seem to want more.  At this point I try to choose my carbs to keep hunger in check.  Give it a try it might help you too.  You can do this and will be successful.  My weight loss is pretty slow too but it is still a loss which is better than a gain any time!

Dawnie 88
on 6/27/11 10:00 pm
My weight loss kinda came to a screeching halt around the 220's also..must be something about that number..lol  You cannot give up..because the scales WILL move again..just start over today w/eating protein first, getting in your water and think positive.  Try not to stress too much over the scale..go with how great you're feeling...and think of how much weight you've already lost! 

VeraG
on 6/27/11 11:11 pm - Bonner Springs, KS
I ran into a huge stall around that time and it seemed to last months.  But I'm 14 months out and I have been dropping this last month.  So keep the faith!

Living until I die!

frisco
on 6/27/11 11:21 pm

Ummm.... not trying to throw you under the bus......just trying to remember....were you the one all hot on buying a bread maker early out?

If your serious about getting back on it.... and you can tell me honestly that you won't let your family issues get in the way. You tell your family that you need to do this for you..... no more cakes and ****
I will work with you on an eating plan to lose weight...... but I ain't gonna try if your not gonna try....

Balls in your court.... Talk to your family and get the support.

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 135 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op