Spinoff - VSGers who are 6+ months out, what are your diet goals?

biologygrrrl
on 6/27/11 2:30 pm - Rhinelander, WI
Do you have set daily goals/guidelines other than protein grams? The last time I met with my nut back in February, the only goal she gave me in numbers was protein. Everything else was much more gray, like "try to only have one or two servings of carbs a day". I'm thinking I need more structure to get back in gear, some concrete numerical goals/guidelines to follow each day. Specifically:

Calories
Protein Grams
Carb Grams
Fat Grams

I figure I will put these in myfitnesspal.com and do my best to get back on track.

JenniferI'm 5'4" ~ HW: 308   SW: 305   CW: 211   GW: 140     

jengo1971
on 6/27/11 2:41 pm
Hi again.  Most seem to have the basic guidelines of 600-800 cal, 60+ proteins, and 40 or less carbs/day (during the losing phase).  Honestly, I only count protein and carbs.
As far as fat goes I don't worry about it.  Fat does NOT make one fat.  Sugar/carbs do.   I use real butter, coconut oil, whole fat cheese, and so on.  However, trans fats are the bad guys.
YOU CAN DO THIS!
Hugs........Jennifer

hi there.  pleased to meet you.  ~jennifer                        
MediumSoon
on 6/27/11 2:41 pm - TX
I average about 1200 calories (would like to be closer to 1100 but I've lost a tad bit of discipline, and I'm still losing consistently so I haven't worried about it too much.

I average about 80g protein per day (all from food - no shakes)
I average about 100g carbs/day
NO idea about fat. I work out HARD at least 3 times/week and try to get 100oz of fluids per day (about half water, the other half usually iced tea)

Hope this helps.

debk21
on 6/27/11 10:34 pm - Mansfield, TX
My daily averages are as follows:

Calories: 800
Protein: 70
Carbs: 30 (I try to stay under 40)
Fat: Who gives a flying flip?

I don't really care about fat grams so don't track that, but the others I definitely keep a daily handle on...good luck in your journey and and know that everyone is different.  If you put in someone elses goals and it doesn't work for you - tweak it so that you get the most bang for your buck...

Deb

Goal Reached in 12.5 Months
HW: 274   Pre-OpW: 266   SW: 254   CW: 125  GW: 145

You must permanently change your lifestyle if you want your weight loss to be permanent. You can do it!

mshill97
on 6/27/11 11:41 pm
Calories 800-1100
Carbs under 80
Protein at least 65 (all from food) NUT recommend at least 60
Fat Grams avg. less than 45.
Exercise 5 days a week for at least 60 mins. Out of 5 days, 3x week bout 100 mins on weight lifting days.

I feel good, my labs are great. I'm a slower loser now matter how I switch out my calories, carbs, etc. Slow and steady.

biologygrrrl
on 6/28/11 9:03 am - Rhinelander, WI
Thank you, everyone! This gives me a good starting point. I'm most concerned with carbs. I did the Atkins diet years ago and I kow that extreme (

JenniferI'm 5'4" ~ HW: 308   SW: 305   CW: 211   GW: 140     

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 135 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views