PCP NOT ON BOARD UPDATE (RANT)

ebs1078
on 7/8/11 2:21 pm - NY
OKAY SO I POSTED TO THE BOARD THE OTHER DAY ABOUT MY PCP NOT BEING ON BOARD WITH ME HAVING WEIGHT LOSS SURGERY EVEN AFTER I CAME INTO HER OFFICE WITH 150/100 BLOOD PRESSURE AT THE AGE OF 23. SO I WENT TO MY EYE APPOINTMENT TODAY AND GUESS WHAT HAPPENS,.....I WAS RUSHED TO THE ER. WHY? OH,....BECAUSE MY OPTIC NERVE WAS SEVERELY SWOLLEN AND I HAD INCREASED PRESSURE IN MY HEAD AND EYES (BILATERAL PAPILLEDEMA). NOT A GOOD THING AT ALL. SO AFTER MANY TESTS THE DOCTORS BELIEVE I MAY HAVE PSEUDOTUMOR CEREBRI. IT CAN AND IS OFTEN CAUSED BY OBESITY. BINGO!!!!!!! MY EYE DOCTOR WAS SO UPSET WITH MY PCP BECAUSE I SHOWED SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF THIS PROBLEM FOR YEARS AND SHE NEVER ONCE REFERRED ME TO AN OPTHALMOLOGIST

LONG STORY SHORT, SHE IS A LAZY DOCTOR WHO IS GETTING FIRED BECAUSE I CAN DIE IN HER HANDS. I STILL HAVE MORE TESTS TO RULE OUT BRAIN TUMOR BUT THEY STRONGLY BELIEVE THAT IT IS PSEUDOTUMOR CEREBRI.

SO AM I A CANDIDATE FOR THE SURGERY OR WHAT?!

P.S. SORRY FOR RANTING BUT I AM SO UPSET THAT THIS DOCTOR ISN'T DOING HER JOB. UGH!!!!!

****Being in love with yourself is the best thing that you could do for you.

acbbrown
on 7/8/11 2:36 pm - Granada Hills, CA
Definitely time to fire that PCP and file some kind of complaint! That's not cool, at all.

Hope everything gets better soon

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

ebs1078
on 7/8/11 2:56 pm - NY
THANKS I HOPE SO TOO. I AM GONNA MAKE A COMPLAINT. I JUST HATE THAT I AM NOT TREATED THE SAME AS PEOPLE WITH A HIGHER ECONOMIC STATUS. IT'S HARD TO GET PREVENTIVE CARE WHEN YOU ARE POOR. IT SEEMS LIKE THEY LET YOU GET SICK AND THEN TRY TO TREAT THE PROBLEM.

ruggie
on 7/8/11 2:39 pm - Sacramento, CA
Still depends on your BMI, comordibitires, employeer's coverage of WLS provisio, and prerequisite data and attempts needing documented by the insurance carrier.

Have you spoken to a WLS surgeon?

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

ebs1078
on 7/8/11 2:47 pm - NY
I HAVEN'T HAD A CONSULTATION YET BECAUSE MY INSURANCE REQUIRES A REFERRAL AND MY PCP WOULD NOT GIVE IT TO ME UNTIL SHE FELT I NEEDED IT. SHE SAID SHE THINKS I AM TOO YOUNG TO HAVE SURGERY. I HAVE A BMI OF 40, ASTHMA, JOINT PAIN, PCOS, HEADACHES, SLEEP PROBLEMS, BACK PAIN, VERTIGO, PREDIABETES, HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE, DEPRESSION, METABOLIC SYNDROME, AND BORDERLINE HYPOTHYROIDISM. I AM ONLY 23 AND AM ALREADY WITNESSING WHAT OBESITY CAN DO TO THE BODY.

ruggie
on 7/8/11 3:52 pm - Sacramento, CA
Get a new PCP I mediately.

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

(deactivated member)
on 7/8/11 2:43 pm
Personally I would report her to the medical review board. Yes I would be finding another PCP in a heart beat also... Good luck on everything else!
ebs1078
on 7/8/11 2:58 pm - NY
THANK YOU AND BEST WISHES TO YOU ON YOUR JOURNEY.

USAF Wife
on 7/8/11 2:57 pm
Step 1- Follow up with the initial diagnosis (yes, you are still a candidate for VSG with the pseudotumor, there were 2 or 3 that posted about a year ago on here)

Step 2- Get a new PCP immediately

Step 3- Get all of this documented, write it out, without emotion, and then file a major complaint with the state medical board, and if she is in a private practice, share reviews on every single one of the sites that pop up through a google search of her name or clinic name*again, be professional and attempt to remove emotion* I know removing the emotion is very difficult, my band surgeon is a complete douchebag, but filing that formal HIPAA violation and complaint with the hospital that he worked with was extremely gratifying when I was able to state factual, and very sound complaints without emotions.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

ebs1078
on 7/8/11 3:01 pm - NY
WOW!!!! THANKS FOR THE GREAT ADVICE. I AM DEFINITELY GOING TO DOCUMENT IT ALL AND FILE A COMPLAINT. I HAVE TO BE MY OWN ADVOCATE FOR MY HEALTH. THANKS AGAIN!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 390 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 422 views